Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects To Panel or to Pickup....What would you do??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 40panel348, Feb 11, 2013.

?
  1. Panel

72 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Pickup

27 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Panel......and I thought I was the weird one by liking panels. From the looks of the posts I'm not that weird.

2 panels and counting.

2. aircoup

aircoup

havin had many pickups and 2 panels . i miss them panels theyre rarer and more secure even in the family sense you can camp in em too ,, i had 2 56 panels , and now im buildin a nother truck

3. Thanks for your opinions guys. There are plusses and minuses to both. I would be happy with either, I'm just being indecisive....

4. the panel has an awesome shape.keep it.if you sell it ,sell it together.

5. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

If you ask me what I would do, I would build a panel! Hands down and no question

If you ask me what I think that should do , build the panel, take one long look at it, a long nights sleep, and them deside if you still wants a Pick Up. If you do they are still avalible, and you can buy the Pick Up, with money to spare.
    There cant be that many panels around. It better to do, sell it and live happy. Instead of selling it and regreat it over and over again.

6. Satisfy yourself, not the online masses.

7. fortyfordmarc

fortyfordmarc

I would Sell the Ford Panel as a project and start over fresh with the pickup I want which is what I have in my garage - a 40 pickup body on an S10 2wd chassis with Cragers so far it's just a roller with no title - gonna remedy that in a couple days - found a chopped cab, doors, and nose to a ton and a half with title. The older style nose with headlights out on top of the fenders. Now what would you do ? Put the 40 Ford truck title in my pocket and sell the chopped truck cab and parts or put the chopped cab on my chassis and sell the stock cab and parts or just keep the other truck cab and parts and start another project ? decisions decisions !!! Hope this helped.

8. Pickup..panels are cool also, but apparently not so much for you.

9. Pops1532

Pops1532
    from Illinois

BOTH! Find yourself a pick up that's partially done. Finish it first, then build the panel.

10. cheveey57

cheveey57

11. Well guys, thanks for your opinions previously. I just picked up this sweet, complete almost rust free 40 Pickup out of New Mexico, so I'm going to sell the 40 Panel and build the pickup of my dreams. I'm going to partially assemble the panel and make it a roller then it'll be up on the classifieds here.

Attached Files:

12. Are you related to my wife?:D HRP

13. I don't have the play money set aside for your panel, but man would I love to have one. Would you consider holding it until I win the lottery?

Btw I love 40 pick ups too ... you couldn't lose with either decision.

14. Here they are side by side.... Panel is for sale on here.

Attached Files: