Register now to get rid of these ads!

O/T new old garage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bb55hrt, Mar 18, 2013.

1. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

I know what you're talkin about. All the work I've done is in a small 2 car garage now.

2. What a great space - think skylights to bring in as much natural light as possible. Will you be able to run power out there? Difficulty? Also think upper storage area. Even with such a large space, floor space is always at a premium.

And, BTW - once you get started on Garagejournal you'll be hooked - great site especially in planning your new digs - congrats!

3. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

Yeah skylights would be nice but I'm saving the roof space for solar panels. As for now we don't have power but there's a pole at the road, so it won't be too bad. For right now the plan it to seal it up good, hang some siding and pore some concrete. At least then we have secure storage.
    BB

4. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

Neat place, if it were mine the very first thing I'd have done is the concrete, then worry about sealing it up, and hanging some siding (I did it the other way around, and was a real pain).

5. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

Absolutely concrete is first order of business.

6. if you plan to put a lift in the future, make sure you pour extra cement in that area.

7. bb55hrt

bb55hrt
    from Michigan

Good point. Im making out my want vs need list. And that's not it.