Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stash of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rowycoracing, Mar 19, 2013.

1. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

I recently found that someone in my family has a stash of old cars. I am in the process of figuring out what all is there and searching out the titles etc. I have found about 40 cars so far that were stored outside on some desert property. There apparently is another building with more cars that have all been kept inside but I have not made it to that place yet. Should get there soon I hope. So what I have found so far is several mid fifties T Birds, about 6 early 50's Mercs, four '49 Ford trucks and a couple of '50 or '51 Ford trucks. A few pics are posted below. My question is what is the best way to go about finding good homes for the ones of these that have value. Some will be scrap for sure but I hate to see good ones get crushed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    wingnutz, Model T1 and volvobrynk like this.
  2. studeynut

studeynut

That Mercury Sun Valley(sun roof) is valuable even if it is rusty. Start advertising. Looking forward to more pictures.

3. Post Apocalyptic Kustoms

Post Apocalyptic Kustoms
    BANNED
    from Outside

I don't see anything in those pictures that are bad enough to be scrap, even if the cars are all too rusty to use you have a ton of cash sitting there in parts for some fairly obscure stuff like the 58 Buick, lincoln, merc, sun valley, etc. Post pics of the Mercs on here, post the t-bird stuff and the rare parts on ebay and I bet pretty much all of it will find a nice home.

4. Retro61

Retro61

Post them on here, and give your fellow HAMBers a shot first! Then part them out!

volvobrynk likes this.

5. BenW455

BenW455

Show us more pics. Any Pontiacs in the bunch?

6. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

Sweet stash

lets see some more pix

7. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

This isn't Larry Brown is it?

51 BIRD likes this.
  8. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Nothing against either of you guys...BUT...both you AND the original poster need to go do an intro on the intro page and you in particular need to fill out your profile better.

Before anyone starts calling me an Intro Nazi, consider how many hits we've had from spammers and worse in the last few months...almost all from people who don't bother to fill out profiles or intros.
    Imagine that...:rolleyes:

The Mods have had their hands full, so it ISN'T a lot to ask for newbies to give some detail on who they are and what they are about.

Enjoy the HAMB...but please follow the simple rules. ;)

Model T1 and INVISIBLEKID like this.
  9. 54Mercruiser

54Mercruiser

Hope my Pop's doesn't see the Merc's, he'll want to add them to the collection..lol

10. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

----agree X2

Donald A. Smith likes this.
  11. Whereabouts in Washington? I'm near Yakima, be happy to help sort things out with you. Greg

12. kuhn1941

kuhn1941

Could this posting been a scam ,if I had that score I would be posting them vehicles up like crazy on here ???

13. Nice collection of cars but I'm thinking this might be a commercial operation who's found a new method of advertising? No?

14. young'n'poor

young'n'poor
    from Anoka. MN

Did you move all these desert cars somewhere already or is there alot more grass and trees in the desert than I remember?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

clem likes this.
  15. I think it odd...that someone 'just' found out someone in the family had a ton of cars...cars that he would have access and titles to as someone passed

"No sh-t, never knew Uncle Joe had 80 cars on his property, we never noticed"

Doctorterry likes this.
  16. Kids on Spring Break with nothing to do.

17. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

rowycoracing...made 1 post EVER on the HAMB...03-19-2013 5.01pm
    Last Activity on the HAMB...03-19-2013 5.05pm
    Never on again.

BRAINS...two posts on the HAMB...this thread 03-19-2013 6.04pm
    Last Activity on the HAMB...6.09pm
    Never seen again.

Up to something? More than likely.

See...THIS bull is why its important to keep eyes wide open and make sure newbies play OUR game.
    With all the hacking etc going on in the world...as far as Im concerned if a newbie refuses to play the game right away or after a couple of requests from members instructing them how to play the game...terminate them.

Not ban. Just terminate the account and make them reapply.

Do it again. Ban them.

This isn't getting rid of good people. It's simply keeping the nasties out!

Model T1, 40fordtudor and kiwijeff like this.
  18. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Gee, we must have hit a nerve. Nothing else from the OP. Me thinks I smell a skunk.

19. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

any 39-46 chevy/gmc trucks I would part out the car and trucks

20. fatabone

fatabone

To answer your question I think Ebay is the best option for getting the most money. You could post them for sale here in the classifieds and I'm sure some would sell. Parting them out would be another way to sell some good parts before crushing. It looks like there are some nice vehicles in that yard thanks for posting and I sure dont mind someones first post being a stash of cars.

Please do an intro and dont be scared believe it or not your not the first one to skip an intro.

21. Looks like bullshit,
    Smells like bullshit,
    Tastes like bullshit.

Good thing we didn't step in it.

With apologies to Cheech & Chong's Cheborneck...

Bob

hotrodtodd1960 and Model T1 like this.
  22. More grass & trees than the dez when I live!!!!
    One of Peggys desert landscapes & most of it looks likes this.

23. 54rat210

54rat210

:D Whats family for???

24. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Quick search shows that he is on a lot of boards and looks like he is in to the dune buggies.

25. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

Thanks for the replies with advice. Yes I'll be happy to go post an intro. Flamers seem to abound here but yes the find is real. The cars are spread out across 3 different properties in my state. I actually have found a bunch more since my earlier post. I'm trying to get everything inventoried, titles found etc.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  26. trevorhood

trevorhood

Do you have any 1961-63 f100 pickups?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Keep an eye out for 57-60 f100's.. I would be interested in parts. :)

28. hendo0601

hendo0601
    from Tacoma, WA

For those who question the "desert" part...eastern washington is a freakin desert for sure. There is a reason why the Army owns a big chunk of land in Yakima, WA to prepare soldiers for war in iraq and Afghanistan. No other place looks more like Afghanistan than Yakima...its freakin crazy! Cool score man! Any MoPars in the bunch? Im a few hours away on the rainy side of the mountains.

29. rowycoracing

rowycoracing

X

Last edited: Sep 13, 2015