Register now to get rid of these ads!

we're losing this battle

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nickk, Mar 18, 2013.

1. man that is so sad, im so sorry to hear of your loss.

2. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

My condolences, sorry for your loss....

3. whisky runner

whisky runner

so sorry to hear about your loss.. the young age makes it worse i think.. i just lost my partner and best friend in january but we had over 30 years together so i have lots of good memories to fall back on when i feel his loss the most.. do something special on your next build in his memory.. then just seeing that will make him seem close again.. at least for me it helps

4. Sorry for the loss of your friend. It will take time but your spirits will heal.
    Later,
    Dick

5. hammered30

hammered30
    from west aus

Sorry for your loss. Good friends are hard to find and life To be taken at such a young age hurts to the bone

6. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

My son lost three of his best friends last Fall when their small plane crashed. My advice to you is to find a grief counselor to meet with. There are phases of grief that you are going to experience, and understanding them will be extremely important as you go through them.

Take it a day at a time with the understanding that it will take a long time to get back to what will be a" new normal" for you. Don't punish yourself with the woulda , coulda , shoulda .....just try to accept life as it is .

Sorry for your loss, John

7. Sorry to hear about your loss. Cherish your memories, the pain will get better with time.

8. So sorry to hear. My only advice is remember the good times and talk about them often.

9. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Im sorry about your freind. And like what was mentiond up above wrench on brother...

10. kennb

kennb

That really sucks. Sorry for your loss Nick.

11. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

Sorry to hear about your loss man.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Loosing a close friend that you shared good times and bad is something that can never be replaced,,no one can relate to what you have lost,,your best friend.

I know at your age you never thought of tragedy cutting the bond short but believe me although we don't know exactly how devastated you are many of us have had to face the days that follow with heavy hearts.

Try to remember all the good times,talk about them with your family or anyone willing to listen.

I know as many Hambers read this thread it will bring back memory's of their own personal losses and in doing so you will be in many prayers. HRP

13. SORRY for your loss thats a terrible way to go out

14. raymay

raymay

I am very sorry for your loss Nick.
    My older brother who was my best friend passed in 2011. We created so many memories together building and enjoying our cars. It still hurts that he is gone but we do have to realize that death is a part of life that we really do not have much control over. Be strong and try to focus on your life. Remember the good times you had with your friend. Let his memory inspire you.
    Keep your mind and body busy and your friend will always be there in your heart.

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

My condolences. Perhaps you can finish that Impala with his little brother as a form of therapy and a tribute to your lost pal. Just a thought.

16. my condolences. i lost a friend in august of 05. i have an OT pickup that we crusied in high school. when i get done his name is gettin pin stiped on the passender door. he built a t-bird for his dad. they asked me to drive it during the procession. i had the biggest smile on my face; and i know thats what he would have wanted. they never will. but i told them if they ever want/need to sell it to let me know first. its still hard sometimes, but it gets easier to swallow with him.

17. 1pickup

1pickup

It's never easy to loose someone close to you, no matter the age. I recently spoke at a friend/mentor's funeral, & it was one of the hardest things I've had to do. Yes, he lived a longer life & had accomplished much, but the hurt wasn't less because of it. Don't feel alone, there are plenty of guys on here who will listen & B.S. with you. It won't be the same as having your friend within reach, but you will still have the car buddies you need to talk to. My thoughts are with you & his family.

18. Oh so sorry man. Way too young and such a terrible way. Live your life for him.

19. harpo1313

harpo1313
    from wareham,ma

Sorry for your loss Nick.You are indeed a great freind for him to have.Think about him often.

20. jesse1980

jesse1980

Sorry about your loss, I know how you feel, the anniversary of my good friends death is April 24th, it will be 5 years, I still ain't over it. Sorry again for your loss.

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Sorry for your loss good friends are hard to come by. Hopefully in time you will find someone to help carry the torch.

22. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I too, am very sorry for your loss Nick. It is hard to lose family and friends. You and his family have my deepest sympathy.

23. Sorry for your loss Nick, Similar thing happened to me at your age, just keep on keepin' on and remember all the good things you have shared together.

24. haychrishay

haychrishay

Condolences , and not trying to sound argumentative but this web site is a testimony to the amount of car guys out there! So be encouraged! I lost my oldest brother in 06, he was a true hot rodder and it still hurts thinking about it,
    But I have found a lot of new friends here that help . So unless I am misunderstanding the title we are not losing the battle. God is good and I am sure he will replace you friend with new ones, count me in!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

25. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Sorry for you loss, condolences, remember the good times.

26. hemi v8

hemi v8

Sorry for your loss.

27. I'm really sorry Nick. My best car buddy was killed 18 years ago. I still miss him and think about him almost everyday. Sometimes it makes me feel sad, sometimes it causes me to smile. Hell, sometimes I talk to him when I'm working in the garage.

Most of us have been where you are right now. The best advice I can offer is to keep doing what you're doing...building cars. Keep your friend's memory alive and make him proud.

We're here for you man. I know this really sucks.

28. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Sorry for your loss, but don't say we're losing the battle. This hobby is about nostalgia (literally translated as "painful memories"). The pain fades and the memories remain. Carry on as he would have wanted you to.

29. Fenders

Fenders

Nothing I can say will help... we will all die some day... so sad it was so early for your friend... do what you can, live every moment, put nothing off ... do not come to death thinking "...I wish I had...."