Register now to get rid of these ads!

Completely Searching All Vehicles Entering the Lower Level of Cobo Hall

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Mar 6, 2013.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

In May I'll have the opportunity huh?:D;)

Yours and Clark's both have to be the most creative I've seen so far. :D

2. now am I the only one who is thinking that all this smuggling will go completly unnoticed ? geez the empties(in the trash) and behavior will surely give next years event a even harder line to cross.....

Has anyone looked into the sales aspect ? seems making it up on volume and quality may make up for the poor product now offered ... 3.2 beer or watered down cocktails would be a looser and any merchandise scouting would have shown that...

looks as though your own group would support-pay for the effort

I suspect the alcohol sales franchise was a big prepay investment by a local bar owner ... now being shot in the other foot by clever smugglers

3. Wth its an indoor car show. Are you bringing lawn chairs too

Sent from the end of the first page of this thread

4. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Do you think that the company that's hired to remove trash is in cohoots with security?
    I'd doubt that a bunch of hot rod car guys are more troublesome than product/sports/new automotive/trade groups holding conferences or large scale exhibitions?

5. Buckle

Buckle

We were actually told we couldn't eat our pretzels sitting on the table we had brought. Lame.

Buckle

6. Clark

Clark

Already have a plan for next year....just can't put it on the internet for everybody to see.
    Clark

Attached Files:

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Ha Ha---if anyone can figure out a way it will be you Clark----sorry I couldn't come this year---new tires took all my $$$ maybe next year

8. But not on the HAMB !!

9. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

I don't drink but I'm thinking an old beater wagon with a spare tire well full of beer and a bunch of shit piled in the back of it would have no problem getting in wink wink.

Pissed me off at how hard they slammed my doors after looking in the back, didn't even ask why I had one cooler filled to the top with nothing but ice and another one empty.

10. COUPES

COUPES
    from England

My Buddy in Austraila buries beer a week before racing at Bathhurst. They got limited to 1 crate a day per person instead of their average 7 crates a day!!! :eek:

11. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Zima !?! Time to pull someones man card. Vodka in water bottles works well.

12. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Shirley, you can't be serious...

13. Buckle

Buckle

I'm being totally serious, they came and told us to pack away the pretzels, we had a display set up with an old kitchen table, so we had some pretzels on it we were sharing. I packed it away. I don't want to go on a rant here, but its this type of stuff that will make ppl not want to show their vehicles.

14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish they'd try something like that on me, but I thought sure you'd say, "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley."

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

funny you should say that.. when i was a young gun we would fill up a windshield washer reservoir with wiskey and we run a hose to the glove box. the hose stop right at the lock grasp so you didnt really see it. we would set a glass under the hose hit a toggle switch on the dash and bingo we had a glass of whiskey...got stopped alot back then and the law never did find it.and they even checked the glove box!

16. Couple years ago at an indoor show, the power hungry security told me I could not bring my cooler inside, which had my diabetic food and insulin pen. I said, OK, let's see what happens when I'm on the floor having a diabetic rage, then what? He let me in. Control freaks have taken over.

17. 40Pickup

40Pickup
    from Denver, PA

They did, but I won't tell. They may want to use it again.

18. Buckle

Buckle

Oh got ya, hahahaha, thats a good one :D

-Buckle

19. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

As co promotor of an up coming show Buffalo Motorama,I will soon have to deal with this myself.We have not taken an official stand on the subject yet.The people we have in the Open Wheel Room like to have a good time ,but dont get out of control.The public,I cant help.If the powers that be come to us with a problem,we will have to honor their wishes.Detroit is a good example of where I hope our deal wont get to.Each side has to not step on the others toes and just keep in mind we need each other or the show will just fade away.I guess i just took a stand??

20. If you are not happy with the show or the way you are being treated you don't have to return. That's why I quit going to NSRA stuff many years ago.

21. BIG PORT JIMMY 6

BIG PORT JIMMY 6

Now I know why everybody liked the boat. Jay

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

They slammed my doors too and I wasn't too pleased. Next year I will be opening and closing all my car doors myself.

Not sure why folks slam car doors. I'm always reminding my friends not to slam the door when they are exiting my cars, both classic and daily drivers. Kinda a pet peeve of mine I guess.

23. JAWS

JAWS

You and me both........:D

24. I came up with this a few years back for going into ball games. Take a 12-pack of beer, put the cans in a sturdy enough cardboard box. Put it on ice until you're ready to leave.

Then wrap it up like a kid's present, complete with card and balloon. Security waves me right in, every time. Just have to make sure you get the same containers that they serve at the venue.

Bob

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We had that happen at the Street Rod Nats in Tampa years ago. My wife at the time had a coffee she had gotten at a 7-11 and was carrying it as we went through the entrance turnstiles. Some rent a cop/Barney Fife wannabe said rudely to her "Hey, you can't bring that in here with you, dump it in that trash barrel." I got in his face for his attitude but he said no food or drink was allowed inside, you had to buy it once you got in there.

That was the last time I went to that show, except for a few years ago to sell my 23, and I won't ever go back again. I don't mind them making money or protecting their vendors inside, but ridiculous is ridiculous, and I won't put up with that kind of greed.

Don

26. Buckle

Buckle

I hate when my doors are slammed! I don't know either why ppl do that.

27. hotrodarchaeologist

hotrodarchaeologist
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Maine

What he said...

28. I have friend here in Florida. When they go to a theme park, they pack up a cheap baby stroller.
    They have no kids !
    It gets lined, with two trash bags filled with 24 beers and ice.
    One visit, they were informed your stroller is leaking, Oh were in a hurry to change the BABY, thanks.

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

30. slimpick

slimpick

Wine Rack!

Attached Files: