Register now to get rid of these ads!

Eelco 3x2 Chrysler Hemi Intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D-Russ, Nov 1, 2011.

1. 73RR

73RR

Lon, I poked around a little bit and found a couple of folks with complaints but with my limited computer skills I cannot say that I was 'successfu' in my search.
    I haven't had any conversation with anyone at the company for about a decade so perhaps the operation has turned to less-than-reputable means of survival.

Until something positive is offered I will abide by your warning.

Gary

2. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I have an idea that not many realize the undertaking involved in casting an intake. The return on investment would take years. As in many years.

3. patrick english

patrick english
    from La puente

Its alot of work for sure,but it wouldnt take years to see a return on it.all depends on who ya know i guess...

4. 73RR

73RR

I'm with Tom. I have run the numbers on several projects and you either have lots of parts at a fair price or you have a few parts at a price only a few can afford...if you can actually get them sold.

Apparently, the downturn in the economy did not affect those in the pattern making business...

5. Abomination

Abomination

Absolutely.

And I agree with Gary above. The parts are easy to get made if you have the dough, but selling them all at even a break-even price people won't balk at is not so easy.

Years ago, when I chased down every lead I could regarding reproducing Edelbrock P600 3x2s (this is the one everybody and their mom wants fo the 318 Poly), I kind of figured out along the way that you can't be in it for the money at the start... because it won't start turning a profit for quite a while.

Jeez... curing the butthole cancer seems less and less daunting all the time!

~Jason

6. craig mcneill

craig mcneill

check out vintage speed in FL they are doing a 3x2 manifold for hemi, there stuff is the real deal, i have one of there 6x2 carb linkges its so nice! dont waste your time or money on eelco junk from leckner

7. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Without going into all of the details, my "connection" is two high level / decision making exec. friends at Holley / Weiand.

Over the past number of years the three of us have been talking about bringing this intake back into production, with the Weiand name and part number on it; or possibly as a private label piece (which they've recently assured me they are not interested in doing).

There is in house support for doing this p/n, but because of other recent priorities (ie; new efi products; and acquisitions / expansions) and a couple of "Set-Backs"... I'd say the WC3D isn't going to happen anytime soon... if ever?

Larry

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  8. storm king

storm king

Not to mention wallowing in bankruptcy...

9. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I still have plates left to do a few more conversions.

Attached Files:

10. George

George

4 3 bolt carbs would be good, but only 3 seems a little on the not enough area.

11. 73RR

73RR

I agree, for a performance engine capable of 400+ hp those 3 little carbs just won't cut it and I have my doubts about 4 of them. There are larger 2-bbl carbs out there but of course they are 'traditional'...hooey

If all a guy wants is to look cool then the 94/97 fits. But real world performance on a 2013 rebuild will require at least 1980's technology...:cool:

12. George

George

My comment would have been different if we we talking about 4 bolt carbs!:)

13. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

I won't beat a dead horse here and go on and on....
    But If & When this might get back on track, I'll let you and everyone else know.

Also, as a reminder... You & I discussed previously, My / Our intent was never to take orders and deposits and then promise to manufacture the item... That's a sure fire plan for BS and a pissed off clientele. The piece would be made, and the marketing and selling would come after.

Thanks D to you and others for the support... I appreciate it!!

Larry

14. Abomination

Abomination

[​IMG]

I hear you loud and clear!

There also seems to be demand for the Weiand 7503 for the 318 Poly, discontinued just after the Holley buyout. It pissed a lot of 318 Poly folks off (this was the intake DLI was modding for 4-71 blowers), leaving them to clamber over one another just to buy one for $500 now.

I've talked to folks there to try to bring it back (which shouldn't be hard, as they have the CAD files on this one), but they seem to think it's a limited interest item.

It's hard to be in the captain's chair on projects like that. There seems to be a huge "damned if you do, damned if you don't" to-do surrounding folks in that position. But it pisses me off when I have to agree with them when they decide not to produce something, especially when you calculate and look at the risk objectively, and see that there's a very real possibility you'll find yourself skating on the edge of selling enough of them to even get your initial financial injection into the project back. That alone scares the shit out of people.

At this point, folks are desperate enough for a 7503, they'd settle for painted plastic ones.

You should hear my stories about trying to get a run of the Edelbrock P600 3x2 for the 318 Poly reproduced. Fun times. Lots of laughter... from Edelbrock. :D

~Jason

15. Terrence

Terrence

16. dragass

dragass

I just emailed Eelco and received a same day reply. They offered me "unmachined raw castings available for 3x2. 250.00 plus shipping"

17. burt21

burt21

gees laughing all the way to the bank if you even think you will get one of those things from eelco ( marty lackner) We call him marty lier pants. The guy is a rip off and a joke. He has not had any parts cast up for a long time.I think the problem is that he owes too many people money and ran out of places to get stuff done becuase he owes them money. lol all true stuff coming from the pacific nw where he resides in canby oregon. So no desoto stuff either.

18. perinitech1

perinitech1

Do not send them any money I went through a five month ordeal and was not until I was going to file fraud charges against Marty Lackner after that I received to castings (un machined) I have a 3x2 Weiand to use to machine the other Two. He told me he was sick and was selling the business and offered me to buy the mold. Beware!!!!!!

19. perinitech1

perinitech1

I believe I received perhaps the last 2 of only a few Eelco 3x2 Hemi intakes casted should make them rare. I would never buy from them again. I am sure he does not own the molds most likely a local foundry in Canby OR or close by.

20. burt21

burt21

He ownes the mold for the 3x2 and was having castings for his stuff done up at the foundry I have my scoops cast up at. He just owes money to everyone and they wont do any work for him. He is a real flake to say it lightly. i wouldnt mind buying his mold I am sure I could have my pattern guy fix it. Did your manifold fit?

21. HemiIn34

HemiIn34

So glad I read this post! I was about to pull the trigger on the 3x2 Eelco myself. Being in OZ I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten far in trying to re-coup my cash :( Still keen on a 3x2 to suit a 331ci if anyone knows of a legit one.

22. burt21

burt21

Marty is still selling on ebay an I have his seller name if anyone wants it. As for 3x2 intake he still has not made pone. Ah but on the other hand I make a 8 deuce log manifold that is fantastic looking. Cast out of aluminum in the pacific nw. Take alook at it this is a pic of it unfinished.

Attached Files:

D-Russ likes this.