Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Are the first 50 Hambers - still Hambers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Mar 15, 2013.

1. I thought I was late to the party when I registered in '04 (Member #2572). I originally found the HAMB when I was Studying for my Graphic Design Diploma in 2002, using the Colleges internet I tried to sign up I didn't have email account. :eek: I found the site thru "Mart's Real Hot Rods" If only I was smart enough at the time to set up a hotmail account.

2. OLLIN

OLLIN

I remember stumbling on the site in 98-99, but I didn't join the message board. I wish I would have back then

3. Rocky almost made the first 50 but coming in at 51,,:D HRP

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oPwrodxghrw?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

4. Mart

Mart

Hey I'm axle's neighbour.

Mart #28.

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Your current number may not reflect when you actually joined. We went through a few sites over the years. Each site required signing up again. Remember the Pokey man site? When we finally got this permanent site there was a mad rush to get on board but you may have been on board prior to that date so it really depended on when you found out that the new HAMB was back up and we signed up again with a new number and date. You may have been a member for a while before you rediscovered that it was up again. THey say that I was number 35 but actually I was the 35th person to keep checking back and discover the new site and sign up.

6. McPhail

McPhail

I still look on here...... not too much to say though......

7. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I know I am low on the number list but do not remember my exact numbers. Just that I have been here a long time, back when it was small, it seems like there was always a different format going on.. and you could beat the crap out of a new person (and no one cared).

Here is an old link I had saved form 2003, but I know I was on post back well before that

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-2.html

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013

9. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I don't qualify, but I'm not too far behind at #261.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

first 50? the cool guys didn't start showing up until around number 2102

11. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

I see what you did there..;):D

12. Paul

Paul
    Editor

13. His number:rolleyes:

14. I am not first 50, but in the 500 (418). But agree that the number is not really accurate, as when the forum template changed a few times, the numbers were reassigned and so the numbers are not totally accurate.

I do know Radshit (Neal), who is number 6 in the list above, does not really post or come on here anymore. Neal is my friend, he's still doing old car stuff, but just not into the internet side.

15. I lurked for several month before I had the balls to sign in for a post. was 90 in 98. had lost and changed names 4-5 times since.
    I miss mudd

16. CruZer

CruZer

I've answered this question a lot of times ,but didn't have pictures to prove it. Now I do.
    Before Ryan started the HAMB,he started the Jalopy Journal and out of the "give and take" on the JJ,the HAMB was born.
    One of the first stories on the original JJ was about me and my first hotrod. It was called
    " Lost in Heaven" It featured my car.

I joined the HAMB as soon as Ryan presented it,so I know the numbers are wrong.No big deal, I'm still here.

Attached Files:

17. Paul

Paul
    Editor

so I'm a little slow sometimes.. :rolleyes:

18. axle

axle
    from Drag City

;) and so is McPhail

19. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Thanks for doing this. I totally forgot about Shag, my buddy Mike Harrington (Buick59), DoNotDelete, DrJ (nice guy from Long Beach - what happened to him?) , RadShit, and enjenjo.

20. Don't remember exactly when I joined;I'd heard about the site from someone and checked it out.Got my first computer in 98 so it was likely around then.Remember going thru a couple of changes.Remember sitting on the sidelines and watching some of the drama unfold with Marcus(is he still banned?).Remember reading Germ's posts and thinking of Jack Keruoac and Hunter S.Thompson.Miss his posts a lot.Same with C9 and Dr.J and SamIyam;it's just not the same anymore.:(

21. Your one of the first 500..#456,, :) HRP

22. Join in the 90's when board was white with red letters

23. Mart

Mart

I remember Sailor signing up and posting an intro. It did feel a bit odd saying "Hello Sailor".

Mart.

24. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

The first 50 registered names. One, Speedfreak, has never posted. He is also one of the very few HAMBers I have met in person, through contact on the HAMB (earlier incarnation). That meeting may have assisted my second divorce, through no fault of his (long story). Cosmo
    Anyway....:
    01 = RyanC
    02 = DoNotDelete
    03 = Ryan
    04 = Shag
    05 = Jim
    06 = RadShit
    07 = Speedfreak
    08 = Lurch last activity 12-01-11
    09 = KustomD
    10 = Tim
    11 = Scooter
    12 = Honest Last activity 10-28-11
    13 = SamIyam
    14 = Chip Last activity 7-2-11
    15 = 38dlxcp
    16 = Tman
    17 = Jerry
    18 = enjenjo
    19 = Purple
    20 = Greasergirl Never posted since joining in 06
    21 = Steve Ray
    22 = RPW
    23 = Miles
    24 = Kustm52
    25 = DrJ
    26 = av8
    27 = Big Ric Last activity 10-19-10
    28 = Mart
    29 = Axle
    30 = McPhail
    31 = Hillbilly
    32 = Tomslik Asked to be discontinued 12-19-12 (Lost interest in cars)
    33 = Josh Last activity 6-13-06
    34 = Christian
    35 = Tommy
    36 = Louie
    37 = Kustom7777
    38 = Oilcan Harry
    39 = Nomobux
    40 = Bob K
    41 = Anthony
    42 = Doornail
    43 = C9 (RIP)
    44 = Spooky
    45 = Fat Cat
    46 = Superbell
    47 = Sailor
    48 = Ron
    49 = Buick59
    50 = Jaybee
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    Thanks for doing this. I totally forgot about Shag, my buddy Mike Harrington (Buick59), DoNotDelete, DrJ (nice guy from Long Beach - what happened to him?) , RadShit, and enjenjo.

Very Interesting, except for the notations above all of the rest are still active, there is a bunch that have had LAST ACTIVITY but no posting in 2012 and 2013. So it seems that the ones that don't post anymore still at least check in here occasionally. Even Radshit,Speedfreak and Shag. DoNotDelete is Ryan.

That was an hour I will never get back but it was kinda fun and at the very least eye opening. It seems that this place still has a attraction for the old timers even though they don't participate like they used to.

B:eek:B<!-- / message -->

Sarchasm : The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

THEM! WISCOWSIN

25. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Bawhahaha...I remember that! That was a month after I joined. There were some great beat-downs back then.
    BTW, 1243 here...:p

26. I lurked since about '99 or so, fully expected to get butchered on my first post.....but nothing happened, no intro, just started posting.

Not really a joiner, but look at me now..........

27. Steve Ray

Steve Ray

Still here. Had lots of ups and downs over the years. I still check in almost daily.

[​IMG]

This is HAMB stickie v1.0, done by my friend da Wolf.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2013
  28. I'm stlll around... (#22)

29. So you gonna do an intro? We do have rules you know...;) :eek: