Register now to get rid of these ads!

Anyone purchased from Pace Performance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by orange crush, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Ready to purchase a long block from Pace performance. Just checking to see if any has any history, good or bad. Thanks Carl

2. If your worried about it,why didnt you check them out before buying?

3. i got a long block 350 260 hp same as at the chev dealer
    all went well, should have a forklift, i pushed some stuf out of the truck backed up to a snowbank

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

I'm pretty sure that's what he is doing.

5. ROADSTERJEFF

ROADSTERJEFF

I had no problems with them.

6. I'm looking at the 383, 430hp small block for my 57 chevy. For the price I can't come close to building it myself,but its still a lot of money, Just want to check with you guys first. Carl

7. Dan57

Dan57

Compare their prices with local dealers. It's all the same stuff and you might be able to save on shipping if you pick it up yourself.

8. backyardbeliever

backyardbeliever

I bought a cam kit that came without a cam. they sent me a cam after i called .
    Also a head bolt set that was short 2 bolts they sent the missing 2 after i called.

Just be ready to call and tell them what they forgot to send.

9. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

I bought a crate engine....no problems

10. henryj1951

henryj1951
    from USA

Pace ----->> good

Scoggin-Dickey----->> good

summit------>> good

jegs -----? good and free shipping on all gm engines
    http://www.jegs.com/s/GM_Engines/GMEngines_freeshipping.html

:cool:

11. the local dealers are just a little higher, but on a warranty claim you may be better off , saved 100$ with pace but had second thoughts later

12. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

they were a local pontiac dealer for years , we all know what happened to pontiac. i bought a crate engine from them . right off only had 9 # of oil pressure they gave me a new pump ,12 # of pressure replaced the pump with a high volume low pressure pump ,good pressure second year of ownership with 4000 mile blew a headgasket. gm would do nothing .

13. teddyp

teddyp

i have a 260 hp sbc from them when it was a pontisc dealer when it was del.the timeing grear was cracked i call them and they told me to go to a dealer by me and get a grear and timing chain or go to a speed shop and send them the bill they paid for anew chain grear and a chome cover good service and 10 yrs still going good i would buy another from them i also got a cam from them to make it a 290 hp and they still keep the warranty

14. 59elcaminodave

59elcaminodave
    from Md.-De.

got a 350-265 crate motor from them..use to use Lustine Chevrolet in Md. back in the day till they closed..went to Pace a certified Chevy performance parts dealer.
    when I did mine you were to send them a core back, but by the time you shipped it back it cost more than eating the core cost,so keep your old motor if you have one..