Register now to get rid of these ads!

6 Window Slot Mags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iammarvin, Feb 4, 2013.

1. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Did a search and could not find anything on this style of slotted mag ( I know they are cheapy aluminum ). Kinda like the 6 window, seem a little different. They have p195/75r14 rubber on them with a 4 1/2 bolt circle. Thinking they would look nice as a pair of fronts on my 57 Chevy pickup, will have to unilug them. Are 6 window ones rare? Ideas on who made em? Couldn't pull them off the trailor they're on to see the backside. Anyone have a pair of larger ones for the rear?

Attached Files:

2. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

I think those are Astro, I had a set on a 65 442, in 1968. They were available polished or rough cast.

3. Honestly don't think I have ever seen them with 6 slots. HRP

4. pastlane

pastlane

Those are American Dragmasters.

I have a pair of fronts I bought at a swap in Canada a decade or so ago. Only full set I have ever seen are on a local 57 Chevy, guy bought them when he came back from Vietnam, been on the car since.

5. Got these pic from another thread on Hamb

<hr style="color:#e5e5e5; background-color:#e5e5e5" size="1"> Took these off a 55 chevy years ago, had been a old drag car turned into high school kids ride, They say American Dragmaster, American Foundry and Machine USA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

AKH Vintage Wheels.......note to self, and anyone else.

7. I've had a couple of sets, now I only have 1 wheel 14x6. A friend has a polished set ready for his 32 tudor.

8. mattrod68

mattrod68

real popular on datsun 240z's, i dig them

9. They are really uncommon, and I can't say I've ever seen one in a larger width than 7".

Never was a huge fan of the 6 slots. A bit too "busy" compared to the standard 5-slot mags.

10. rdscotty

rdscotty
    from red deer

Not a great picture, but these are American Foundry six window wheels.

[​IMG]

11. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

This shot is a bad angle, but these were six slot,14/6 Astro Supremes. It will interesting when you get them pulled off, to see what is on the backside.

Attached Files:

12. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Bought the trailor that as these rims today. Was told by an expert that these particular rims aren't worth anything as they are 14 inch. I will keep an eye out for a pair of rears, if they can't be found, I have a cool set of trailer rims! Needed the trailer anyway.:)

13. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

It's a little late and dark outside , maybe tomorrow.

14. koolkat269

koolkat269

They made them in 15's. I just seen s set with 14's for the front and 15's for the rears. With good tires they wanted $475 for the set. Would have put them on my 34 pick up but they were a GM bolt pattern

15. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

A buddy has one and we were trying to place it. Can't remember what it said if anything on the back. Believe it's a 14 also.

16. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

I am a little perplexed. There is nothing on the back side, no stampings, no castings. Is this a cheap knockoff of a cheap knockoff??

Attached Files:

17. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

There were so many cheap knock offs of the Ansen sprints that it almost impossible to tell from a picture if they are not marked on the back.

18. You can see the valve stem is in a different location as well as a slightly different webbing as compared to the Dragmasters above.

I passed on a set of Dragmasters for 40 bucks at Canfield swap meet because they were 14's, just saying.

19. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Swade you 're right. The Dragmaster's look really "lite" "thin", in the window area. You can see the casting mark in the middle of each window of these rims, they are also thicker. Wonder if they are "trailor rims" from day one???

20. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Anyone? 6 hole slot mags?????

21. SuRfAcE_RuSt

SuRfAcE_RuSt

American Dragmasters indeed..

Also nicknamed " Kidney Bean Wheels"

22. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Kidney bean wheels or 6 window slot mags, anyone? Back to the top.......

23. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

I have a Pair for the back of my under construction Falcon Gasser, They are 15 x 10 with 4 1/2 inch back space, just checked them they are cast with American Dragmaster on reverse side, was told early on that these were by Romeo Palimedes prior to forming American Racing? Any ideas? BTW, have been offered $500 per, not for sale!

24. factorten

factorten
    from wa

HI, I have some pics of a set my dad bought in 1966 that he put on a '66 Dodge Monaco wagon with 383/auto

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Their 15x81/2.

My dad bought these from a buddy who owned a Chevron station that alot of the local hot rodders hug out at and worked on thier cars at night and sold hy-po parts to drag racers and rodders on the side.

They originally had Atlas red lines on them.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  25. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I have a set of early ones, they are only polished around the edge, they do not have any writing on the backs. bought them from an old speed shop that had them forever, were still in the boxes.

26. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Well it seems these wheels are worth a million or nothing.............anyone got a matching set of the worth nothing ones in a 15 inch by 4 3/4? :)

27. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Just bringing this one back to the top for me...........

28. 46 Dodge PU

46 Dodge PU
    from Upstate NY

I've got a pair that look like the ones factorten posted in 15x8.5" Chevy bolt pattern. I believe mine are marked "Universal Wheel USA"

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  29. andrewlw

andrewlw
    from whittier

I think they might be from universal mags. At Limeworks today we got in a model A and it had this sticker on it. You can check out or blog on the limeworks website for more pics

[​IMG]

30. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have always thought 6 hole alum slots were American Dragmaster mfg. ; no conection with American Racing. Near as I know any Romeo wheels ever made were magnesium,the rears in 4 slot with or without eyebrows. Have only ever heard small window Halibrand refered to as a "kidney bean", but I'm no expert on them.