Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone remember Bud Ballard from Butte, Montana and his 1932 coupe ??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by casper, Dec 21, 2011.

1. casper

casper

I started a post to try and find some more history on his old 1932 5 window coupe, I bumped it a few times, but have received very little response. I figure maybe I did not ask the right question the first time. This car was shown a few times back in the 60's and 70's.
    Here is a link to the original thread.... http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647317&highlight=quarter+midget

Thanks in advance for any help or info !!!

2. casper

casper

3. casper

casper

4. casper

casper

bump to the top.

5. casper

casper

bump with fingers crossed!

6. casper

casper

7. casper

casper

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Wow a post about a 32 ford and no body says anything ? Casper you must truly be a ghost nobody can see your thread

9. shortstrooke

shortstrooke
    from Colorado

I've tried to send you a return email with some photos but they keep getting bounced back.

10. casper

casper

still looking for info.

11. casper

casper

I did receive a P.M. from a new member and this is what he said...

I was trying to track down the whereabouts of Buddy Ballard when I ran across your post. I new Buddy when he purchased the car (already completed) from a guy in Helena, MT. I was about 15 (1968), at the time and absolutely fell in love with that car. I still have vivid memories of it. It was photographed in the late '60s by the late Joe Mayall along with my car ('40 Ford Coupe which I still have) in Butte, MT. Buddy was from Butte and a member of the Butte Roadrunners Car Club. I would appreciate on any leads where Buddy might be. Last I heard he was in the pacific NW area.

12. Big Plan Dan

Big Plan Dan

I'm way late to the dance on this one but I lived in Bozeman, Montana in the early 1970's and had some conversations with him and remember the car. At that time, Bud worked at Sears and, as noted elsewhere, was a member of the Butte Roadrunners Car Club. The car had button-tufted upholstery on the running boards, and a nice roof insert (it may have been upholstered, as well..I'm not sure but just remember it as a feature). The car was beautiful and, at my age of about 20 at the time, it became one of my early "hero cars." Butte was a big mining town but I don't remember him working as a miner. He was probably about 30 yo and was one of the only hot rod guys I knew who regularly wore a cardigan sweater and a neck tie. He was a very nice guy and was good at conversation. The car was done in an off-red or reddish-purple paint job. I had photos of the car but those have been thrown out during one my early moves...Dang it! The car color wasn't close to that of Casper's car as shown here. We didn't have many hot rods in Montana at that time so Bud's car was especially welcome...I pretty much knew the good hot rods in the state and would put Bud's car solidly in the top 5.

'40 Coupe Fan, RMR&C and hfh like this.