Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1964 Falcon B/FX Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fiveoh108, Nov 29, 2011.

1. It's here! I will be working on the install after the march meet
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. 65COMET

65COMET

KOOL!!! That should keep you busy!!! ROY.

3. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

That injector rig will be kick ass.

Thanks for the wheel/tire info.

As soon as I get my new pc I'll post my super stock fairlane build.

Paco

4. Roy... It will keep US busy!! And Paco hurry up and get some pictures!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  5. I got the hilborn certificate of authenticity for the intake. it was ordered on 5/23/63 for a 64 ford fairlane 289 to auto repair equipment from St. Paul MN.

Attached Files:

6. theman440

theman440
    from Las Vegas

That is cool stuff!

7. Wow! This is an awesome build thread!

8. March Meet Pictures, this is what happens when you go out in first round....you take pictures! LOL
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Started the switch today so I can catch Dale! Working on getting the fuel pump mounted!
    [​IMG]

10. 65COMET

65COMET

Mike;KOOL pictures,really like the two 64s together!!!!Catching Dale,more compression,long tube headers,better clutch,more RPM,OH YEA,MORE MONEY!!!!! ROY.

11. What kinda clutch Roy? And after reviewing the gopro video I was shifting at 7k, a lil more than I thought. When my clutch pedal stuck to the floor it bounced off 8k, don't want to make a habit of that!

12. 65COMET

65COMET

I would stay away from ANY brand of diaphragm style clutch.Fords used a three finger style clutch,I have used Ram and McLeod for many years.Some racers use a style of diaphragm clutches but they usually shift without the clutch. JMO , ROY.

13. Thefalconkid

Thefalconkid

I agree with Roy, ram long style is the way to go, McLeod is great too. Car looks awesome.

14. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Mike your car looks great, and the two cars nose to nose is really cool. How much did the slicks improve your ET?.....Al

15. About a second and a half and 6 mph! There is another second and a half at least once I get my launch figured out, I just started tuning the carbs, but now with the hilborn I will be starting over again.

16. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Nice improvement!! Make sure you get video of launch and Roy to be there and watch, it will save you a bunch of testing. Nothing like a good set of experienced eyes watching and listening. Also keep good notes. Good Luck......Al

17. if the pedal stays on the floor and the clutch not engaging it's not adjusted properly and it's going over-center

18. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;you give me too much credit,but,Thank You!!! I have made TOO many mistakes and seen lots of mistakes in 40+ years of racing.I give my input when asked,hoping to save a new racer some headaches and money!!Mike is biting off a lot with the fuel injection,but hopefully it will function properly with out too much drama! I crewed on an injected,alcohol burning altered [owner called the tuning]and have many friends running mechanical fuel injection that are very willing to help!!! ROY.

19. Here's a video of my first run. During the burnout, I did not have a switch to interup the rev limiter, so the clutch is out, but the new slicks aint spinin' until I release the line lock/ rev limiter button. Then Dale double light me! lol, after the launch the car almost stalled. I was late to 2nd gear, the pedal stuck to the floor on my shift to 3rd (watch the tach bounce off 8K, ouch!) then I got out of the groove towards the center, with too low air pressure in my tires the car started to "sash-aye", felt like I was driving on marshmellows. Never got into 4th. and Watch "the rocket" streak by me!! enjoy!
    http://youtu.be/LLSwYwaZnOs

20. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Roy I actually was referring to watching the chassis during launch as to help get that figured out. Mike after hearing your comments and watching vid, could your roll control be somehow also locking rear brakes too? And you can add couple pounds of air in slicks and still hook, will help take away the bog too! Your car sounds good......Al

The Rocket was living up to its name the way it shot outta there....

21. 65COMET

65COMET

Al;I understood your observation,I was just saying I try not to intersect unless asked,don't like coming off as a know it all!!! Mike asks a lot of questions and I try to answer as many as I can!!! He did raise his tire pressure and added an interrupter switch to his two step[which I told him about when he was wiring the car]to use in the burnout[I use one],lets the engine rev while locking the front brakes.Mike is still sorting out this drag racing thing,he will get it,it just takes seat time!!!It is impossible at a race to watch him and the car when I'm racing too,we need to get him to a test-n-tune with just him and his Falcon,leave my junk at home!!!! ROY.

22. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

Great thread, and great car, nice work!
    Are you going to run any of the ANRA events at Famoso?

23. I would like to, when is the opening event?

24. 65COMET

65COMET

I will be running the opener in April! Mike it is April 19-21 at Famoso. ROY.

25. ec164

ec164
    from MI

Yes, when racing your own car you are focused, and need to be to get=job at hand done. My first race this year is Beaver Springs in April for that FE deal, hope to learn a bunch from all the experience that will be there, plus see all those FOOrds.....Al

26. straightaxlenova

straightaxlenova

As 65 Comet posted, it's April 19-21.
    A buddy of mine is in talks with the organizers of ANRA to start a stick shift only class. We need at least 8 cars to make it work. I think that we'll get there.
    Hope to see you there.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  27. 65COMET

65COMET

Not a lot of stick cars show at ANRA,you,Rocky and me,hopefully there are more out there!!!! ROY.

28. Maybe me!! That's half the field right there!

29. Mike White

Mike White

I have a 1965 HiPo block & rods (bigger mains & race type stock rods), heads that were done by AFR, etc., etc. It is a little monster. I have to get it out of the way. I'd love to see it in something like this. I would let it all go for $750. At any rate good luck, it sounds cool.
    Mike
    p.s. Iwas around in that time period & loved these cars. I would be glad to help any way I could - pics etc.
    I am in Sonoma Calif. - S.F. Bay area.

30. Hmm something is missing.. I can't put my finger on it...
    [​IMG]