Register now to get rid of these ads!

Infrared Heating

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fortunateson, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

I was given a new infrared heating system from a friend. What I want to do is enclose the heating part so I can paint when it's on and not worry about fumes igniting. I thought I could enclose the heater with sheet metal or plywood, add an intake from the outside and I would be done. Any thoughts or am I justing waiting to "go to the moon!"?

2. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i just painted in mine last weekend ,had no problems. other heating systems have a pilot light whats the diff.

3. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

I have seen them in body shops. Didn't look any different than any other installations I've seen. But I'm no expert for sure.

4. customrod48

customrod48

check to see if your infra red heater has a closed combustion chamber that takes its combustion air from outside...........if so, no problem, it should also have a spark ignitor system which means no standing pilot light.