Register now to get rid of these ads!

model A window regulator question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31' A Bone, Mar 16, 2013.

1. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

Sorry for the dumb question........
    I cant see what I'm missing here. This is a model A coupe rear roll down window. I have a original coupe rear window regulator and bought the glass channel from Brattons. how does the regulator lock into the channel so it does'nt come out??

Attached Files:

2. Something about the channel doesn't look right. HRP

3. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

the channel is correct for the application, Macs and Brattons have the same one pictured for coupe rear roll down window.

4. I've been working with a 1932 door channel,,I guess they are totally different from a Model A. HRP

5. That is the same one I put in mine, you would think that there should be a lip but there isn't, it will work as is. I have been watching epay for over a year now to find good originals but they all must have rotted out.

6. 31' A Bone

31' A Bone
    from So Cal

I think I figured it out. Macs sells two styles for the 1931 coupe rear roll down window. The style I have (A45962) says 1931, the other style, B-47106 (with the long hole in it) says for 30/31. I guess their were two style regulators........

7. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your regulator wheel looks different than my 31's, It should be captured in the track.

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

It should slide in from one end.the channel should curl just slightly over the roller.

9. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Reviving this thread. Is roll down rear window difficult install 30 Model A Coupe? If model a didn't have this previously
    How they workin?
    Where do I get one(complete), that works?
    My whole 30's apart, so accessaability s not a problem.

sent via1931 traditional Black Rotary Dial Phone tjj app

Attached Files: