Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects **** The Chemical City Coupe '32 5-window build thread ****

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by daddy_o's_diner, Aug 21, 2012.

1. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Dave, It was great to see the car, chat with you, & put a face to the HAMB name...

Picture didn't do it justice, Thom

2. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

Here is the finished (just about) Chemical City Coupe in the basement at Detroit. Jo Kerr, Josh Shaw and the gang did an amazing job on it (I saw it as a rough body on a frame just this past September). Dave Gray, daddy o's diner on here, is the lucky owner and it couldn't go to a nicer guy. Congratulations to all involved!!!

Attached Files:

3. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

golly gee willickers, that is one sexy beast.

4. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

What, no pix of the interior? I must say, your car is hard to photograph in a basement! Congrats again, looking forward to seeing it out and about this summer.

And, here's the modified too...

Attached Files:

5. Sorry for lack of posts guys. I haven't had time to breath since getting back from Autorama. In fact in 20 minutes I'm leaving for Indianapolis for work. I have lots of people to thank and some pictures to post. None of my cell phone pics turned out with the poor lighting in the basement. I finally got pictures off my real camera today and will post as soon as I can get 10 minutes in front of a real computer. Hopefully I'll get some time in the hotel room the next couple of days.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

THe shell insert even looked better in person ! Pictures do it no justice !

7. roadsterman32

roadsterman32
    from wi

congrats again dave and Jo. Saw you sunday, loved the car and I thank you for the personal tour of all the build points.
    dave

8. DAMN....I love all the interior detail!!!!!
    AWESOME build guys!!!!!

9. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

Do you plan the bring the car to Indy this summer - Road Rocket Rumble maybe??

10. A couple pics...

Attached Files:

11. Interior....

Attached Files:

12. I finally Got home from a business trip and have a few minutes for an update.

I had a great time at Autorama and it was great hanging out with everyone in the basement. I met lots of new folks and hung with all the usual hoodlums. Got razzed relentlessly about being a gold-chainer, but I survived. :p

Kept good company all weekend... That modified rules!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the cool kids were there...

[​IMG]

I can't wait to get her outside for some real pics!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Happy Camper!

[​IMG]

As you can clearly see in the pics the front axle has some issues and the camber is way off. The car is back at Jo's nd the axle has been pulled and sent off to Okie Joe. He is working his magic on it and we should be ready to roll very soon. Jo is finishing up the glass install and some other minor things while the axle is gone. If the axle gets back soon enough, we're planning a roadtrip!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  13. .

Interior shots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The pictures from the basement suck. A black car in the poor lighting played all sorts of tricks on my camera phone. I took some pics with my real camera, but they are too large to post here.

I do need to thank a lot of people for their help on the car. We all know that Jo Kerr rocked this thing. He did the heavy lifting, but he had some help. Josh Shaw did the killer lettering and pin-striping. Ron Kerr built the wicked nailhead. Rooman built some parts and pitched in the final assembly. Ryan Schon did the body work and laid down the killer paint. Willy Trump pitched in and was a big help too. I know there were other also, but unfortunately, I don't know all of there names.

I also need to thanks Cory Taulbert for coming through at the very last with a much-needed model A tie rod end with left-hand threads. He had one and sent it out to us just a few days before the show. I also used his tie rod bungs he sells in the classifieds - Good Stuff!!!

So to all who lent a hand in any way, shape, or form - THANK YOU!!!

I never dreamed of having a car this nice and appreciate your involvement in the project.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  14. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

All things said Dave, that is one cool car:cool:

I am looking forward to seeing it again at Sins of Steel.

Martyn

15. Congratulations...you should be proud!

16. Gold chainer, eh....well ya can hang out with me n me import anytime...I'm used to being snubbed after rolling a blown Vega for years....now days i run me import...just don't call it a tuner hahahaha

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

brEad likes this.
  17. I can't wait to see it roll through the gates of Sins. Lots of very cool details, congratulations 14K ha ha....
    Signed 1 jealous Poorboy!

18. bonesy

bonesy

Congratulations, it looks great!

19. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Dave, it was great to see you at Autorama and get a full tour around the coupe! Man, it turned out great! The interior turned out just as killer as the exterior. Congrats again on such a cool coupe!

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  20. Hot Rod Apprentice

Hot Rod Apprentice

Had a great time hanging out with you and Stewart. You were a great sport with all of the gold chainer $hit you given. It's a great great car, can't wait see it again. See you at sins,

Erik

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

21. .

It was great hanging with you too Erik.

Sins should be a blast this year. Let's hope for good weather.

Todd - good seeing you too. Love your work!

Bonesy - your old coupe was, and will always be, a big influence on me. That car flat-assed rocked.

22. Limey Kid

Limey Kid

23. One of the hightlights of my weekend was the ride to the trailer in Stewarts coupe. That thing is pure hot rod. The hammered top the wicked sounding small block, what's not to love? Other then Erik trying to play a little grab ass with me... lol.

Stewart, we really need to get together this summer and put some miles on the coupes. Looking forward to it buddy.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  24. basicbob

basicbob

Hello Dave, I'm glad to have seen your coupe & the modified at Detroit!!!

Both are super nice in design & talented work.

Congrats Bob

25. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Real clean coupe, congrats man.

26. dragass

dragass

Pictures don't do this coupe any justice. I saw that car in person at the autorama and I'm not exaggerating when I say it's OUTSTANDING!!

Fanastic job!

27. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Dave - Stewert
    I think you both need to drive those coupes out to Relix Riot this year.

Martyn

28. Oh hell ya!!! I'm in for a caravan to the Riot.

I'd love to find folks to cruise down to Sin of Steels with also.

Planning to drive the wheels of this thing soon, very soon.

29. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

The Flint area guys usually meet a the mini mart at Grange Hall Rd and Dixie Hwy. FAB32 and FlatheadPete usually are there. They can give you the details.