Register now to get rid of these ads!

How do y'all keep a straight face...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeem, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Oh, why is that?

:D

2. I knew Cole was starting something serious .

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Attached Files:

3. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Enough of this post, I am going out to the garage to work on THE "place formal name here" hardtop and try to be productive.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  4. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

NICE ONE!:p

5. I had a scottish mate who had a wallet called chihuahua too.
    It was too fuckin' small for him to get his fingers in when it was his shout!!:):D

6. Fenders

Fenders

Like ham radio operators.......

Do you know "insert name here."

I dunno, what's his call?

7. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I've seen it happen, but usually the owner doesn't know, and it's done sarcastically. Like one around here that everyone refers to as "the gold chainer's car"

8. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I can see it now...The next tech week winner "Sexing your model T".

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

10. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Well shit I knew I should have named my damn car. Just this morning the guy behind the counter at the QT (gas station) said "Hey you got the Rat out today" If that name sticks im gonna be pissed.

11. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

only a duechebag would pick thier own nick name.

12. let's see;
    need lots of attention
    takes all the money
    can give both pleasure and pain
    can purr like a kitten, or roar.
    i say they are a she.

13. Well you are right hanging a monicer on a car is a tad snooty.

Lots of big time show cars get named before that are ever built though. I think an old beat around car will no doubt earn its name. People should do it the same way with their kids, name them after they have been around for a while, like they did a long time ago.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

bob johnson? i know his brother,BIG JOHNSON..... wait,that don't sound right?
    THE BIG JOHNSON SPECIAL!!!!

15. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I have never named a car before starting my latest project
    It is a 1930 Model A salt flat looking street car beater but that was too long of a name so I just call it Junior

Junior comes from my father and father in law that are both juniors. It is also my second Model A so it seems to fit.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

16. 15ASedan

15ASedan

Does "The Pie Wagon" count?

17. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

If it had a big motor It'll be The Bob Johnson Stroker.

18. dtracy

dtracy

You can call me Ray
    Or you can call me J
    Or your can call me Ray J
    But you doesn't has to call me Johnson!

19. Back before the world was so politically correct and big brother was looking over our collective shoulders I let my kids ride in the bed of my pickup truck,,much like I did as a child.

I had a old black '65 Ford pickup that I had filled in the hole in the roof that the mobile radio antenna had once resided and I had sprayed the area with some Rustoleum red primer.

One day we were heading out the door and my girls said the wanted to go in spot,,,

From that day on,,all of us refereed to the truck as Spot,,the truck now rest in the barn awaiting it's turn to go in the shop for it's return to the road. HRP

20. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

"The Bob Jones Whatever" is too long. Shorten it to just "BJ". That would be cool.

21. porkchop4464

porkchop4464

Are you kidding me? How many pages of responses? JC! This site is so odd to figure at times. Who the hell cares? I did like the earlier comment about naming farts, however. Now, I don't care who you are, that there is funny.

22. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Pompous: having or exhibiting self-importance

23. Muttley

Muttley

Seeing people refer to their car as "The what/whoever Roadster/Coupe ect" looks/sounds ridiculous. It strikes me as something a dude resembling William Howard Taft with a stuffy old British accent, wearing a plaid green wool suit and a monocle would do. Apologies to our HAMB brothers with stuffy old British accents. ;) :D

24. There is a hamb legend who has his name painted on his door, I hope he isn't taking offense to this.:)

25. Ryan will ban me for this... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

26. 28hiboy

28hiboy
    from Milton, Fl

I have a pet name for my car, but it only stays in my brain and is never uttered. Knew a fellow who painted his first letter and last name on the side of his scrap truck. Only problem is he left off the dot after the first letter--CRUDD. He saw it in his mind as C as in Charlie Rudd. Nice man he was, and he never saw it as the rest of the world saw it. Just a thing, and no big thing.

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, but I'd be willing to bet that neither Ryan or Vern gave that car that name...

28. At least Ryan gives Keith top billing!

29. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I painted a girlfriend's name on my car once. Luckily it was only 4 letters, Nina. Still took a good amount of thinner to get it off. Better than a tattoo though.

30. I know bob johnson and you sir are no bob johnson.

On a side note my coupe got its name from the previous owner wondering how many bullet holes he had to fill while planning on what he was going todo with the car. I bought the coupe from him and in chaulk on the cowl was written 227 bullets. Coupe was added later by someone who I can't remember at this time. Also after moving to Phoenix need louvers and elpalcko told me it used to be called rubics duece due to being in so many pieces.

Need louvers and Jeem nailed it with this thread.