Register now to get rid of these ads!

My '50 chevy coupe project...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gsport, Mar 29, 2010.

1. gsport

gsport

finished up the wiring and had to make a panel for the four gauges. everyone sells three gauge panels but not four unless you by it with a set of gauges. i had the gauges so i made one out of an old computer frame. turned out pretty good if i say so myself...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I ended up selling mine; a guy offered me more than I thought it was worth, so I let it go and ended up buying a one ton dually so I can haul cars around again.

3. Old Iron Nut

Old Iron Nut

Wow, that looks really nice! Subscribed!

4. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

5. Nice job!

I like the black and white color split and the gauges under the dash. It's what I did to my 51 Coupe.

Attached Files:

6. gsport

gsport

Thanks Snegrah... I think the black and white with chrome trim look great too.

7. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

That's a great looking car! Just went through your whole thread. I hope I can make that kind of progress on my '50!

8. gsport

gsport

thanks.... i've had a case of the lazy's lately and havn't been in the shop for a couple of weeks, plus i wish it would warm up a little

9. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Can you post a few pics of your trans crossmember? I want to build mine and yours looks simple yet effective. Also if it's not too much trouble maybe some measurements of the stubs you left from the factory crossmember. I need to get an idea of how much of it to leave in. Thanks

10. gsport

gsport

silk.. i didn't measure anything. just whacked off the old member wide enough for the trans to be pulled through without pulling the engine. welded on two pieces of flat stock to the stubs left. then bolted on two more pieces to the flat stock i just welded in, set the engine trans at the angle i needed, bolted on the trans mount to the trans with a piece of tubing cut to fit between the bolted in plates, tacked it in position, took it out for finish welding and painted it up... real easy cross member to make.

11. 226 flattie

226 flattie
    from orange,ca

Very nice . Let me know if you what to sell the six in it.

12. 1sik38coupe

1sik38coupe
    from Las Vegas

Ok cool, what size plate and tubing did you use?

13. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Oh man ...that push button radio brings back memories! I used to keep mine on the local Rock and Roll Station with a tooth pick!

<a href="http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/hotrd32/HAMB%20Stuff/?action=view&amp;current=001-46.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  14. gsport

gsport

the drive train is long gone...

15. gsport

gsport

1/8" plate and 1" square tubing i had laying around..

16. nicksduce

nicksduce
    from indiana

clean ride the only thing i would do dif is go with 3 pedals

17. HotrodTrash

HotrodTrash
    from Hanford,ca

And boom!! Just the info im looking for. Love it when this happens. Will be doing this exact mod over next few days on my 50.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

18. nitrousnutter

nitrousnutter

Boom too lol, im looking on doing a sbc, turbo 350 and camaro rear in mine in the coming months, good work youve done there ill subscribe to this thread and keep an eye on it. Ive started a thread on my page for mine but only just started really so still getting parts together.

19. gsport

gsport

Well, looks like this thread is coming to an end. I had lost my motivation and put an ad on Craigslist. Sold it in just a couple of days to a car guy in North Carolina. I'll still be hanging around here, just won't have much input.

20. jimstro16

jimstro16

21. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

this happens so often---a nice running car turns into a constant nagging pain---i have learned not to take things apart if it means too much down time---i am sorry this happened your car was beautiful...

22. knotheads

knotheads

sorry to hear the news, it looked like you were real close to being back on the road.

23. gsport

gsport

Well, I went out today and bought a new Harley Fatboy to keep a smile on my face.

24. todztoyz

todztoyz

I haven't been on here much lately and this isn't what I expected outta my favorite thread!. We were doing quite a few things very similar. Hope that HD does it for ya....it didn't for me.

25. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

:mad: just read the hole thread to find out you just sold it,good luck with the fat boy,just watch out for teenagers in cars they turn in front of you just ask me i now have a plate and eight screws in my wrist.

26. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thread killer! Be careful, brother.

27. That really sucks that you throwed the towel in on the build. It was just starting to get good.
    No way that Harley will be as much fun as the little chevy would have been when done.