Register now to get rid of these ads!

Triangulated four bar for the rear

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1beatnik, Mar 10, 2013.

1. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Just wondering who has bought what and how you like it. I'll be running coilovers too

2. Dave has used this set up under his 32 pickup. HRP

[​IMG]

3. BillyM

BillyM

Bought mine from "welderseries", and I'm very happy with it. Plus you get great service and advice if you call there.

4. Deuce Roadsters set up. HRP

[​IMG]

5. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Thanx, I am gonna be using it in the rear of my 40 ford pick-up with a ford 9in. Open to all rear four bar configurations and wondered how you like it. Also if there is a good company to buy the brackets, bars, eyes ect from here on the hamb. I know I could call chassis eng, speedway the list goes on just thought if there was a smaller shop making quality chassis parts I'd give them a look

6. ken1939

ken1939

I will always use them, they are nice to set up and require less parts. Nothing against a straight 4 bar, ladders or rear bones.

7. st.rod

st.rod

Bought mine from Deuce Factory years ago for a 30 A. Loved it. Think Deuce Factory is gone now?

Larry

8. scootrz1

scootrz1
    from usa

triangulated 4 link in roadster luv it

Attached Files:

9. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

It's pretty stout. I like, at least the lower ones, to extend & connect to the trans crossmember for better weight transfer.

This is how to do it cheap$$$ I still got a couple brackets to add at the frame connections

Attached Files:

10. vert1940

vert1940

my pics are too dark....i am running triangulated 4 link from air ride technologies on my 40 merc convert

11. 26 roadster

26 roadster

study up on the design and build your own it is a lot cheaper.

12. Rob Paul

Rob Paul

Hard to build your own when you can get a pretty decent setup for $200 or less. Alot of people sell the same kit rebranded.

upfberg likes this.
  13. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Rob Paul, haven't priced them lately and your right, I'll buy my next one for that price!
    good info

14. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I bought a kit for the four bar and tubing k-member from Progressive Automotive. Good stuff and Bob (the owner) was happy to answer all the questions I had. Of course you can build your own but by the time you get all the components together you would have spent a lot of time and almost the same amount of money.
    http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/

Attached Files:

15. ken1939

ken1939

They did Larry, just after I got a polished stainless dropped axel from them:)

I think they may have resurfaced as another company, but not do not do as much as they did in the past.

WEASLE! You out there!! He would know.

16. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I bought a kit from Gearhead Ent. Very stout, came with all the necessary bushings and bracketry.

17. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Thanx for all the replies, and pics has been real healpful, keepem coming !!

18. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

This is a SAC chassis with a triangulated 4 link and coilovers. Rode nice and handled good but I like the looks of a buggy spring. My model had a buggy spring and the ride was harsh but it never bottomed out like the coilovers.
    DSC00033.jpg

19. Weasel

Weasel

Got an Art Morrison triangulated 4 bar under a heavy car. Quality parts as always. As others have said, it is straightforward. I never could understand Panhard bars - they are a poor compromise at best and until the advent of the triangulated 4 bar I would always use a Watts linkage on a solid axle rear....

20. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

If you are building a 40 pickup the 4 link will work but if you are going to put stuff in the back and haul any thing around a parallel spring rear will be a better choice for your ride. I'm not saying that a 4 link wont work, I just think that the spring set up is a better option.

21. iarodder

iarodder

I bought a kit a while ago when I built my pro street truck, it came from a company called suicidedoors.com, their kits are OVERKILL! but that is what I wanted, it was 1.5" tubing with .25" wall, extremely stout. It is a great set up for the street, and they are easy to set up. It came with everything to set it up brackets, GR. 8 hardware, bushings, etc... It was 350.00 to the door.

22. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Cool thanx ia, and Im probably only goin to be haulin a couple cases of beer and a suitcase or two, that why I thought coil overs.

23. jeep-joint

jeep-joint

24. 1beatnik

1beatnik
    from indiana

Suicidedoors do have some nice stuff, So-Cal does too I called them and price was about normal.

25. Itza55

Itza55

I used "Paul Hortons welder series" triangulated 4 link kit. out of Toronto Canada. great pricing,and outstanding customer service! A small shop putting out a quality product and great advice!!!

26. I built my own under my '53 F100

[​IMG][/IMG]

27. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Many good kits as has been said. You will find a bit of variation is tubing size and wall thickness. You should also have an approximate idea of what you want for tube lengths. I'll add another plug for Paul at Welder Series for parts and pieces. When I built mine the only thing that I struggled with was the top connection on the rear axle housing. I finally made my own: http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=675347&highlight=four+link

28. racemad55

racemad55

As Dick said, I would lean towards a parallel leaf kit on a 35'-40' frame.

29. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I made my own as well, since there are not too many kits out there for '62 Mercury Monterey's. Urethane Bushings and DOM tubing.

[​IMG]

30. Hotik

Hotik
    from Usa