Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Neat little find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Putputboom, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Putputboom

Putputboom
    from Fresno

I was dropping the gas tank on a 1964 Chevelle Malibu that I am parting out and on top of the gas tank was the December 9th edition of the LA Times complete with classifieds. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Did you find any deals in the classifieds? :D HRP

3. Putputboom

Putputboom
    from Fresno

Oh yes thats killing me. 1959 Cadillac convertible for $2500 and that is about the most expensive car in there. It is interesting though that they have listings for planes which is unique. Also interesting is the movies listed in theaters which are all classics now.

4. Bigjake

Bigjake

I was remodeling my upstairs in my home and found a local newspaper from 1964 in the wall. The guy who was selling the 56 Ford wagon with the 312 T-Bird motor for 300$ had already sold it when I called unfortunately.

5. oldolds

oldolds

Old newspapers are really interesting. Recently found a 1966 issue of the largest local newspaper. More car ads then. Lots of interesting things. A couple Corvettes late 50's for $1895ish. A nice sounding 55 Chev ht, 4bbl, solid cam- $1200. The birth announcement of a friends son, and another friend lost is court case for going 90+ in a 45!