Register now to get rid of these ads!

1950 chevy car floor pans

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31-5window, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

I have been in need of floor pans for a while now. EMS is the only oem style offered. So I was on national chevy they do offer an alternative although it is not OEM style but less cash. So after so more research the panels are 53-54. I found them at CARS inc. For even cheaper picked them up today. The will need a little trim but that's cool thought I would share.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

2. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Here's a few pictures

Attached Files:

3. Normbc9

Normbc9

www.c2cfabricators.com Detroit area. They do great work and do have a website with a catalog too.
    Normbc9

4. ems customer service

ems customer service

although similar the 53/4 chev floors are shaped differently than 49/52, the 49/50 are more flat than the 53/4 and this extends to the floor braces as well which the floor must rest on top of, and then the seat mount,

so i would expect that you will work for your savings by bending the floor flat, ans minor trimming will expand into reforming or ????

c.a.r.s inc does carry ems prodcuts, there not on there web site yet.

Attached Files:

5. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Panels in my picture are just the floor area where your feet set this was the only problem area in my car that being said I do not need the sheetmetal to go underneath the seat .so panels in my picture will work well for what my needs. I have several EMS panels that I have installed. I just couldn't see spending extra money on panels that I would cut down. Please don't miss understand me you have great parts.

6. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hard to beat ems

7. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Some times it is difficult to think beyond your wallet, but the cheapest doesn't all ways cost less. EMS has a good product but that ain't all there is to it. EMS also supports the old car hobby, stands behind the product, and supports the HAMB.
    Just sayin.

ems customer service likes this.
  8. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Amen.

9. 50oldsforever

50oldsforever

I have a 50 olds convertible that's missing everything. Does anyone know where I can get the floor pan braces that bolt onto the frame where the floor pans lay? Thanks.

10. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Try EMS they offer a bunch of braces for chevy's they maybe the same for olds.

11. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

I used EMS pans on my 50 4door.. Worked great..!!! Will use them again for sure..
    National Chevy on the other, I would run as fast as possible from that train wreck!!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

13. tbird37821

tbird37821

Good info to know on a budget build, thanks

14. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Well, i had EMS labeled as pricks due to a past dealing, and swore i would never speak to them again. I just recently bought a front toe pan from them because it appeared they were the only ones that the pan was complete/ not a half patch.

I have to say compared to the other products i have used, thiers seem much nicer quality.

Still not sure if I have forgiven EMS enough to keep using them. Guess we will see how smooth this panel goes in.

15. cavman

cavman

I used the National Chevy pans on a '52 I did a couple years ago. First off, they said they were '51/'52and they weren't even close, when I questioned them about it they just said they are "close enough" to use, and didn't think it mattered.

Yes they can be made to fit, but if you value your time at all, buy the right ones if available.

16. ems customer service

ems customer service

thanks for trying us again,

but why do you think we are pricks??????

the ems guy

17. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

EMS-

I was at your booth at Chickasha swapmeet maybe 7 or so years ago when i first bought my pair of 53's. I was chatting with the guy running the booth about them, and what all i needed. I asked if you had the rear pan that goes between the taillights, and he repsoned "well, if you cant make that on your own, you probably dont have any business touching a car" I handed him the brochure back, politely thanked him for his time, and walked off. I vowed never to use you guys. My buddy that was with me, and was building a 53 as well, commented that was the rudest thing he had ever heard.

For that to be such a simple piece, you sure get a premium price on it, and from what i can tell its one of your most popular items!

I really had to swallow my pride to order from you last week.

18. ems customer service

ems customer service

leebo, sorry for your bad experience, we went once to that show in 05, 06, or 07. cant remember which year

although it sounds very unlike that person that was our show person, he is no longer with ems.

also we did not have 53 chev parts at the time, that was still a bad answer

sorry again for the bad experiance

the ems guy

we

19. ems customer service

ems customer service

to comment on the value of the ems tailpan, it is priced similar to other tailpans. the cost is really does not change much by size or shape as the cost of tooling and runnning a large press shop. stays constant, both done in the usa.

as you tell here we are accessable by phone and email your lost cost china, thin metal shop is not. there is a cost to this customer service and including the cardboard box we use again made in the usa.

the ems guy

20. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Its done and in the past EMS guy.

My comment on teh price was jsut stating for it being a "supposed" simple part, its far from cheap.

With that out of the way, i will probably end up ordering it from you, and doing it correctly.

Thanks for the reply

21. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Well with all that said. This was what was best for my build because I did not need to replace sheet metal on seat riser or tunnel. Trans and drive shaft tunnel have to be reworked anyway so why spend extra cash on material I don't need there are LOTS of other parts I need. Cash is tight these days I have to use it wisely. These panels worked great for me trimmed them up a bit they have a bit of a curve in them laid them on the floor put 2x4 under outer edge and gently flatten them a bit and they fit good.

22. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Attached Files:

23. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

ImageUploadedByTJJ1363347144.439833.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363347219.929222.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363347322.249453.jpg

Here are the pans I put in my 50.
    I replaced front, rear, tunnel, toe, and a-pillar braces.

Moose610 likes this.
  24. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Whos rocker panels did you use, 31-5window?

25. iarodder

iarodder

I will say the quality is amazing, I am building a 49 fleetline currently and they have been extremely helpfull and answered my questions, which is great to get customer service...:cool: Thanks EMS

26. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Leebo, I made the rockers inners and outers. My brake is only 4ft so inners had to be 2 pieces.

27. 31-5window

31-5window
    from Michigan

Bullfrogg, looks really nice! What's the plan for your build? Stock, custom?

28. Leebo!

Leebo!
    from Yale OK

Wow, nice work. wanna make me a set ? :D

29. BULLFROGG

BULLFROGG
    from KY

31-5
    It's all stock except for the disc brakes up front and the leather type interior. It's a kit from national Chevy ( who I will NEVER use again ) it's been a two year deal. I started a build thread long ago but was unable to update it a while back..
    Ill post a couple pics ..
    Thanks
    BF
    ImageUploadedByTJJ1363401953.235828.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363401981.404667.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363402005.556589.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363402038.289810.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363402069.889739.jpg

30. jimstro16

jimstro16

I just ordered and installed some of their metal for my 50 chev. They were the cheapest I could find.

The rockers were in good shape as expected. One of the rear lowers had a pretty bad ripple in it. The front floor pan corners were cut and bent upward instead of stamped into a corner arc.

Not a big deal for the price and the project they were going on. They would've taken some work to make them look like they should if I was building a showable car.