Register now to get rid of these ads!

Shoebox Hearse followed me home.... But I'm going to be ok !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4t6ford, Dec 8, 2012.

1. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yep that puppy looks pretty dang cool the way she sets.don't need much if any at all. congrats.

2. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Perfect!

3. Alfster

Alfster

Is that one of the new whitewalls hanging up to dry in the tree Rod ? [​IMG]

4. ^^^^^ nope :eek:.

But it is about as TRADITIONAL as it gets when it comes to a swing! :)

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Hey, where is the HAMB tree swing thread anyway? :D

6. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

Hey Rod, guess what i found in the shed today ? that little peice of stainless trim your missing off your rear end (below left of the boot)......also have a set x 2 of original bumper overiders if you are that way inclined !......

7. Alfster

Alfster

I see you also snuck in another pic of that late model Falcon........... [​IMG]

8. SSShhhhhh ! you get me chucked out of here I'll need a new place to hang out!

9. Alfster

Alfster

10. Do all "Rods" have stainless trim on their rear ends?:D:D

11. TheLogLady

TheLogLady

i dont know how to answer that without blushing ! ;)

13. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

Soooo- you're bringing it back from the dead?

14. That cars to die for!

15. That has got to be the oddest '50 Ford I ever saw. It's like an enclosed four-door ute or something. Sort of like a fore runner to an SUV.:confused:

16. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

The more I see the hearse, the more I like the look of it. Just needs a fold down rear seat (like a wagon) and it becomes very handy for hauling long items or camping out of.

17. You're onto it . I have an early falcon wagon rear seat that I will set up so it can be removed and the rollers swapped back in if needed :eek:.

Wifey and I have already camped out in the hearse a couple nights back in January at the Kumeu show . No weird vibes or anything.... slept like the dead!

18. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

wow - i love that thing. so cool.

19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That's great!

I always laugh at the idea of hearses being spooky, all they do is haul meat and flowers, ambulances on the other hand haul the scary stuff.

20. 54rat210

54rat210

21. jgb7038

jgb7038
    from Indiana

I have never seen one of those,that thing is way cool! Nice score!

22. davo461

davo461

Good thinking, Nut.
    I always appreciate a bit of logic.
    Davo:rolleyes:

23. That was pretty much our thinking to . A friend asked us if it felt weird owning a
    hearse and I replied " Well it's a pretty safe bet that everyone who had their last ride in it was treated with care and respect, so why should there be a problem?"

24. Cool ride, as I always say, " It's not the dead you have to worry about, it's the living that you have to watch out for. "

25. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

When my oldest son was killed in an accident in Az. I had to have him transported back to Ca., the vehicle they used was a station wagon converted to just carry a coffin. Most Hearst are a vehicle with some class or status to it (your last ride should be in class) so I would say this is not a hearse but a transporter. However I did see at Pomona swap meet a 1937 Ford Hearst that blew me away. I have always wanted to build a hearst that would give hot rodders a proper send off.

26. My sympathies over the loss of your son .

The next time somebody here tells me MY car is not a hearse I'm going to take my polite hat off and show some nasty!
    Here in little old New Zealand in the '50s our streets were littered with Enlgish motor cars ( Read - small ,nasty underpowered POS) . Anything American made ( or the NZ assembled version of) was regarded as being something pretty elaborate .

right , 'nuff said ?

EDIT and it's Hearse , not hearst . Wtf is a hearst ?

27. SouthUrn

SouthUrn
    BANNED
    from US

Sorry to hear about your son Hollywood. It's hearse, not "Hearst" (pet peeve of hearse owners the world over). Also, a coffin is 6 sided. A casket is 4 sided. :)

28. Alfster

Alfster

Gouchy bugger. It's NOT your car. [​IMG] I'll tell Michelle that you are claiming ownership...... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Still trying to figure how a
    "hearst" even fits in this thread.
    Weren't they a rich family from the newspaper business.
    I guess a few of them have died and been in a "hearse" though..

30. outlaw256

outlaw256

well i dont care if its a hearse or not. i love it 4drs and all.i have the car in my avatar on the street alot. and it never fails that someone will call mine a hearse. i still dont see.but i was gettin some go juice one day at a station by the house and i smartass guy ask me about that old hearse out there. i told him was special built for young kids with small boxes.he shut up real fast but i felt bad about impling it was for dead kids. still botheres me sometimes.