Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for my dad's 55' Fairlane

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FordMaverickFanatic, Feb 22, 2010.

1. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Does anyone have the slightest clue as to where this car might be? If anyone does please let me know. Comments on the car will be appreciated too, it may not have been the prettiest ol' car but it sure was fast for the money.

2. that thing is cool!
    it could be a long quest to find it...but good luck!!

3. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

True, last time he had it was the early 80's

4. where was it last?
    it could be anywhere now.
    my uncles 27 roadster was bought and shipped to europe :eek:
    not to freak you out tho.

5. DirtyThirty

DirtyThirty
    from nowhere...

No idea where it is, but it was nice!
    I hope that it still is.
    Good luck!

6. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Well, my dad sold it locally I don't know much more than that, it has an LTD sub-frame and had a 460 in it when he sold it, I'll have to ask for some more info.

7. jakedmoe

jakedmoe
    from California

8. ohh ok, ill keep an eye out at all the shows and swap meets i attend.
    Good luck!

9. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

I wish I could change the title to Michigan-area members, that's most likely where it is, but who knows, I thought I saw it on racingjunk the other day in Oklahoma but the seller said they bought it stock, oh well I'm gonna keep searching.

10. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

11. Harms Way

Harms Way

Those radiused rear wheel wells should be a big help in finding it. I'll try to put out the word, what part of michigan were you in when he sold it?

Can he remember anything about the guy he sold it to?

Did it still have the Y block in it ?

Other than the hole in the hood and the rear wheel wells, were there any other modifactions to the car?

12. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Well it was sold in Taylor, sold it to a man who lived in Monroe by the name of Randy Ramo, it had a 351C in it for many years but then the subframe of a 75 or 6 LTD was put under it and it was sold with a 460 in it.

Holley sticker on the fender, 55' Ford on the door, tilt steering column, and it had a hood-mount tach off a mopar (with the pentastar blacked out) on the hood

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010
  13. 333 Half Evil

333 Half Evil

Have you been in contact with Randy Ramo? Did your dad own it in 1985-86? I used to race a 55 chevy pickup back then, and either at Central Michigan Dragway or Milan Dragway there was a white 55 ford that if I remember correctly would have been this car. The biggest thing that sticks out in my memory was the hood mounted tach. I think it was a chevy-vs-ford event, and I'm leaning towards it being at Central. I only ran my truck twice at Milan and that was in 1986.

Other than that, I'm no help!!! Good luck on your search. I know how it can be, I've been looking for my dads 55 chevy D/Gas car for almost 3 years. He built and raced it in the late 60's early 70's, sold in 1972. I've had absolutely no luck in my search, hopefully you will have better luck in yours.

14. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Unfortunatley no, and he sold it before than but most likely it was the car. In 86' my dad had a New blue 5.0L Mustang GT which he owned for a week, then bought slicks and a nitrous kit for lol. Cool story though, hope I come closer to finding it soon.

15. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

16. FordMaverickFanatic

FordMaverickFanatic
    from Taylor, MI

Bump, my dad's going to call Randy Raymo tomorrow, hopefully we'll be able to get a hold of him and find it!

17. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

I've spoken with FordMaverickFanatic. I bought the car from Randy and subsequently sold it to finance other car project opportunities. It went to a gent from the eastern suburbs of Detroit but I did not keep any contact info.

Any luck FMF?