Register now to get rid of these ads!

why it's good to lose something

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Well I went back in!:cool: Boy, do I have guts!:eek:

Attached Files:

2. Nothing!

Attached Files:

3. Well at least it looks better even if I don't:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

4. GREASER815

GREASER815

I think all of us have a little bit of hoarder in us, especially car related items. I am guilty of the same.

5. I think I was told he could not find this stuff just so I would help him clean this mess:confused: Well at least now I know what he does have when I need it:cool:

6. The37Kid

The37Kid

The Beverly Sheer is the best, haven't tried the TIG yet, I'd need a retired weldor to oversee that. Bob:)

7. Bob you just need to lose something!

8. jdrew

jdrew

How about a pic of the barn? LOVE old barns!

9. I think its missing:eek:

10. trying?

Attached Files:

11. yes, i think your memory loss is a sign of age or drinking too much

12. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There was a thread on here not long ago, about a guy that had a car for sale. One of our members was interested, but the guy couldn't find the car!...lol.

I'm in the process (and have been for a while now) of going through all my junk I've collected over the last 25 years...to put it up for sale. Holy crap...lol. Every day lately... "What the heck is this?" and "Ok, I've got the whole assembly except for..." etc. I've got various piles now...the Buick pile, the Chevy pile, the I don't know pile...

Note to self: Next time around...bag and tag everything.

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG] Merry Christmas!

14. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

HEY!:eek:

15. Well,I have always bean thataway...but I bump my head AALOT!!!...look fer sumpthin caint find it! Sometimes find other goodies ...

16. well put!

17. "BINGO"! I thought I was the only one so inclined....

18. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Here is a quote from A.A. Milne(author of "Winnie the Pooh") :

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries."

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    tb33anda3rd likes this.
  19. i like that.

20. Mart

Mart

If i am looking for something and see something else I need for the current project I take it and put it reight in amongst the stuff I'm using on that project. If i don't, when I need it, I can't ever remember where I saw it.

A hamber got me a set of brake pipe tube nuts, (not easily available here in the UK) and I put them somewhere safe. When I needed them for my 32 I could not find them and had to get some more. Later I did find them and thought to myself I'll need them on the 33. When I did the 33 I could not find them again so had to re-use all the old ones. Still havn't found the bloody things.

Mart.

21. jdrew

jdrew

Love it...would never leave it if I was lucky enough to own it.

Thanks for the picture.

22. my wife always knows where to find me. :D
    searched briefly today ended up borrowing a set to align the car from another hamber [rcdarknight] funny thing i was asked yesterday if i could do an alignment on another car. so i ended up having to do two.
    i know when i find my set i won't be asked for another 7 years:cool:.

23. Soon as you find them I will have you do my truck if its still around:rolleyes:

24. still have not found them. but i have not given up.

25. try what?

26. outlaw256

outlaw256

27. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

I will borrow a line from one of the places that the TV show Pickers visited.... typical of many of the spots that they visit, the guy had stuff stacked to the ceiling with the narrowest of aisles to walk through. However the guy had the coolest quote ever... "I have a great storage system! However, I do need to work some on my retrieval system!" When I lose something, which unfortunately, is fairly often I play a little "mind game/mental masturbation" game when I finally find the lost part/tool... I try to remember how the lost part/tool came to be in the place I found it. Usually the item is not close to where it should have been... any reasonably flat surface and the area around the telephone seem to be my favorite "lose it places" followed by the drawers in a tool box where I lay the part down to pick up a tool and forget to take the part with me.

28. I don't know. I think I lost my mind:eek:

29. yes, you might have!