Register now to get rid of these ads!

2014 DETROIT AUTORAMA...Goin',Show'n ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hapydz, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Sitting in the hotel thinking back on a great time showing the Ghost Rider Roadster at the Detroit Autorama. It seemed to me that everyone had a GREAT time on the "main floor" aka basement and was just wondering who plans on being back next year. I sure know Myles and I will be there !

2. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

I just got home after 5 long days down there, can't wait til next year.

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

Hey - started crossing the days off the calendar this morning

4. rhcount

rhcount
    from Michigan

Enjoyed meeting you and seeing your terrific roadster on Sunday morning.

5. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

I'll be back! Great times.

6. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Still spark knockin' from the weekend, but we'll be back!

7. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

It was good meeting you and Myles with your Track T. I had to listen to Time Bomb John rave about it all the home. You guys were having such a good time that I might have to participate next year. Larry

8. Rochie

Rochie

Ron,
    Congratulations on the wins....that's right wins! The car looked great, the changes were terrific ( just like a fine women changes her look).
    The guys from Singlefinger...you know who you are, great seeing you again and look forward to next year!
    And to my briothers of the ELTA.... we may have different mothers, but damn you guys a awesome!!!

9. Ron thanks for coming. You and Myles are true gentelman and it was a pleasure to have you both in the show.

And yeah I think I'll be going back next year:D

10. Dan in Canada

Dan in Canada

I'll be there. Someday, I may even bring a car and PARTICIPATE. ;)

11. Already planning for next year.

Had a great time meeting new folks and hanging out with the usual cast of characters.

12. millersgarage

millersgarage

Yea, I'll be around too

13. Harms Way

Harms Way

God willing, and the creek don't rise,.... You know where I'll be !

14. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Every year I say I'm never doing it again but every year I'm back. This year was a good year everyone really liked my chassis makes all the long nights in the shop worth it. Next year It will be back with the body in bare metal and the chassis all done and painted.

15. Mattbee

Mattbee

Dad and I will be there! We can't wait! Dad and I had a great time talking to you and your son!

16. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

A big THANK YOU to Rudy, Dennis and all of the other great folks that make this event so much fun!!!!

17. derbydad276

derbydad276

I wonder how long it will take until the basement out does the main floor

18. We are the main floor. The rest of the show is upstairs:D

19. I plan to be there in something new next year. It's not the same with out something in the show.

20. raymay

raymay

I'll be back again next year.
    My son is GM engineer and lives north of Detroit so it is nice to plan some visits around Autorama and the Woodward Dream Cruise.

21. rusty63c10

rusty63c10

22. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

I'll be there again as always but I wish the selection of the basement was just a touch fussier. I'm sure the yellow Olds was an oversight but I'm not sure how that happens (nice car but mid seventies and stock). As for the truck thing along the wall, I know it got a ton of looks but I'm afraid it might influence more people to make rat rods.

Would love to see that Dave, you always have cool stuff and the show could use more quality builds in the basement!

Please, please, please talk John into bringing something next year. I'm a big fan of his stuff!

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

I would love to go next year I never been there. So how do you get to bring in a car for show? I would love to bring my 39 but am not sure the details in getting it in?

24. PM me, I know some people.

25. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

It's certainly heading that way Rudy. Downstairs just keeps getting better and better and upstairs gets less appealing to me every year.

26. derbydad276

derbydad276

I wonder how many people it would piss off if the basement people were to move out to Novi and do their own thing

27. Already happened. :)

28. Hmm interesting thought , I am sure the tradition of the Autorama may be a draw to some. Novi idea could be very interesting to showcase more traditional / HAMB type rides.

29. Hooptologist

Hooptologist

That's a GREAT idea, not so much to move out of the basement but maybe a seperate show. I took my dad's car downstairs this year but couldn't get him to go. His hatred of Detroit overrides his love of car shows.

30. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I had a great time this year and I have a great time every year. I'm dying to bring a car out again. I think it might have to happen next year.