Register now to get rid of these ads!

1952 hudson wasp hollywood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnificient 7-1/2, Mar 9, 2013.

1. picked up a new ride today! thinking about a 3 inch chop, i have a nice 460 and c6 trans. 1950 pontiac tail lights, frenched headlights with a buick grill!

what do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Always liked the lines of the Hudsons, they look chopped from the factory...a 3" chop is wayyy too much IMHO.

3. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I think some wide whites with hubcaps, flaked top in a nice green and a white body. No chop on that beauty for me.

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Is it running now?Nice score.

5. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

chop a hollywood? :eek: we aren't talkin 4 door sedan here. if you do the motor swap can i have a deal on the cast iron head if it hasn't been milled?

6. hell, leave it as it is they are a beautiful car with a beautiful roofline as it is. Nice wheels and a v8 if you have to but no chop would be my direction.

7. 51hornetdude

51hornetdude
    from denver

That is a super rare car...........Don't chop is my vote

8. thekid1950

thekid1950

I've had both a 52 Hollywood & a 51 Merc at the same time. The Hudson was Chopped & Channeled at the factory. The door window opening was about 2 &1/2 to 3" shorter than the Merc in STOCK form. The floors are recessed into the unibody frame....the Merc sits on top of a conventional frame.

My advice is to leave the top alone....They are beautiful as is.
    A Hudson coupe in stock form looks like a Merc that's been chopped w/o all the problems. A trick stock looking Hudson will always be better than a chopped Hudson....(just my opinion).

Hudson52sam likes this.
  9. skwurl

skwurl

Yea thats a really rare car. I have only seen one in person. The roof on a Hudson is dea on perfect IMO. Wide whites and lower it would be cool.

10. thekid1950

thekid1950

The WASP is better than a Hornet (IMHO) because the hood is the same length as the trunk......a side view looks perfect....the Hornet has an additional 6" in the front clip.
    In my opinion a Pacemaker or Wasp coupe is the very BEST due to the proportions.

I have a 50 Pacemaker Convertible with 78,000 original miles....original mint leather interior....I love it....

Hudson52sam likes this.
  11. oldolds

oldolds

If the motor runs nice why change it? They are awesome driving cars as is. Put it in high gear and it can accelerate from about 5 mph without a shudder and still see the century mark plus. There is hot rod stuff for it as well.

12. Mooseandsqurl53

Mooseandsqurl53
    from N.J.

I'm with the others, don't chop it. Nice car, though.

13. khead47

khead47

No chop!!!!!!!

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

very nice lines on that car already!!!jmho.go with what you like tho

15. hudson's are awesome looking cars from the factory, i don't think i've ever seen one with a chop that looked good. if it aint broke don't fix it.

16. Rikster

Rikster

Not exactly the same model... but I did a photoshop on one some years ago.
    It would look awesome chopped...

So yes please chop it... and turn it into a wonderful Custom Car.

[​IMG]

17. jkherd

jkherd

Nice looking project, I wouldn't touch the roof.

18. I always thought these didn't need to be chopped. It is your car do as you wish.

19. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

Why would anybody play with a Hudson???;)

don't chop it! when thinking about motor & tranny swaps-remember the steering is behind the engine cradle you will need a rear stump pan for any swap,460 rear stump pans can run high $$'s
    [​IMG]

Hudson52sam likes this.
  20. previous statment retracted. do this!!:cool:

21. Heart Of Texas

Heart Of Texas
    from TX

Very nice Hollywood!

Sent you an email

____ PM Response sent____

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  22. Decided on the buick 430 instead of a 460 ford, starting to build engine mounts today. To answer a few questions the original engine did not run.

Attached Files:

23. Sounds like I am on a restoration site rather than the HAMB:rolleyes:. See Rik's photoshop and cut it up!

24. This hudson will be getting chopped, Rik's Photo has confirmed it for me!

25. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

That's just a great looking car-chop or not.

26. Heres the grill idea I have for the hudson. I will smooth off the buick eight!

Attached Files:

27. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

[​IMG]

When I saw this I felt my cord tighten!

28. I have been working on chopping the top lately, I found a 1951 mercury back window and frame I have taken a few pics of the progress. I lowered the front and back an even 2" extended the rear window back to the stock location and kept the A pillar at the factory angle.

Attached Files:

29. studhud

studhud

It s your car chop a way my friend my 53 Hudson super wasp brougham is more rare than that Hollywood n chopped it in my opinion my car looks better than stock so my vote is do what u want don't listen to all the nonsense of the kno it alls
    Dave Hitch
    FBBF

30. That´s looking very good indeed. It´s always nice to see someone chopping a car so it looks right, and not just smashing the top down as much as possible.
    I like the Buick grille idea too.
    I´ll be looking forward to the updates.