Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model A broken down on 101?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ramblux, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ramblux

Ramblux

I don't really want to post a location, but I drove past a rodded Model A on the 101 a couple of hours ago, just catching a glimpse of the car (may have been a delivery) as I drove by.

I mentioned it to a coworker when I got back to my office, and he said that the car has been there for three days!

So what gives, and does someone need a tow? Maybe a stolen car that was dumped? That kind of car sitting on the side of the freeway for three days seems a little suspicious...

2. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

maybe the owner does not have the money to have it towed

3. Ramblux

Ramblux

Only reason I mentioned it is that CHP usually has a car towed away after a couple of days if no one gets it. I had a beater car that I left on the side of the road once and I got a call from CHP a couple of days later to come get it (plus tow fees, of course).

4. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

I saw it yesterday and stopped. I had my enclosed trailer. Window rolled down and nobody around?. I'll call it in if still there tonight.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

5. Ramblux

Ramblux

Awesome, thanks Benchdawg.

6. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

ImageUploadedByTJJ1363127078.903968.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363127090.799294.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363127103.883328.jpg

7. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Car is still here. I rolled the windows. ImageUploadedByTJJ1363127143.683052.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363127153.266032.jpg
    He's a custom shifters guy. Someone knows. It's been tagged.

8. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

* someone must know who this is. Nice car !

9. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

That long should be a stolen car!

10. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

That looks like waaaay too nice of a car to be sitting alongside the freeway with the windows down for days on end. Hope everything's OK with the owner.

11. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

I feel like I should have this towed. Yes? What would you do?

12. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

I walked the freeway looking for the worst case. Its only a couple miles from an exit with good median. Weird.

13. ....I would think twice about doing that in case it is stolen. Call the police and get them involved so you stay out of trouble.

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That club has a website and you can see that model A in a photo or two on the site.
    One of those photos shows the car at the Strangers Show last year and someone may recogize it from that.

I did send them a message with a link to this thread.

15. 327Eric

327Eric

To be in that location that long, seems more likely to be stolen, and ran out of gas on a joy ride. I still wouldn't try and tow unless I knew the owner. Be my luck to get it on the trailer right when the B.O.L. goes out.

16. Vin-tin

Vin-tin

It could be a "bait" car. Last summer, there were a bunch of broken down cars along a major route here in Pa. They would mysteriously disappear. The cops planted one and watched it. They got there guy. It was a local tow company driver snatching the cars for scrap. I'm sure CHP has a worse problem with stolen cars than Pa.
    Just a thought. It does seem odd.

17. Let it sit. If the C.H.P. tows it, there will be a record of it when the guy calls it in missing. If you move it, the call will turn into a stolen report. Also, who knows what may have been removed from the car over the last few days. The owner may look at you for his stuff back.. Liability??? .. If you want to help, put a big ass sign on the windshield that the owner can see saying you would like to help him get his car home. Leave your phone number on the sign.

18. 327Eric

327Eric

I was just on their club page. In their links section, they have links to both the H.A.M.B., and Gambino Customs. I don't know anyone around here, but if anyone has a connection with Gambinos', maybe drop em a line. I know I would be grateful if someone tried to reunite me with my baby.

19. It is a rather strange situation. The HAMB is on it though. Will be interesting to find out what the story is. That car wouldn't have lasted a day around here. Hope the owner gets it back un-damaged.

20. This is UNREAL!!!!! A FIRST!!!! Gotta be a bait car!!!!

21. tommy v

tommy v

it's a set up

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I posted a link to this thread on their facebook page just a minute ago. At least that way some of the club members should be able to start checking.

23. x100!

24. Good call!

25. gotta be!!!

26. Benchdawg

Benchdawg

Ok perfect. A man from the the club is going to pick it up right now. All is good again. Thanks!

27. Ramblux

Ramblux

Yeah, bait car was one of the things that popped into my mind when I saw it sitting there. I can't believe that a local car with multiple club members in the area couldn't get the car moved off the freeway in a timely manner.

28. Ramblux

Ramblux

Wait, why did it take so long for them to arrange to pick it up?

29. 55willys

55willys

Any reason it was there so long?:confused:

30. 62RagtopNova

62RagtopNova

It didn't make sense as a bait car. Guy's who steal cars for profit or for a joy ride really aren't going to take a Model A. Too easy to see cruising around and the parts would be easy trace when they pop up on the local Craig's List.