Register now to get rid of these ads!

new wiring for my 61' fleetvan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigjplumbing, Mar 12, 2013.

1. bigjplumbing

bigjplumbing

I need to rewire my 61 fleetvan. Im looking for a cheep solution so I can get a vin nr. And title. I understand in Az. I will need a complete working vehicle to get the title and vin. So im dropping in an old sbc basically making a rat rod. To get the vin/title then I can start over. I appreciate any ideas.
    Thx big Jay

2. You should already know RR is not appreciated here.

rebel wire makes a good kit or make up the bare essentials yourself. HRP

3. ideas? get a basic wiring panel from any good supplier and follow the instructions. 12 circuits would be nice so you can add something later on. i've had good luck with Painless, a lot of guys on here like Rebel

i usually make my own fuse panel and buy 100 ft rolls of wire

if you want to save $$$ you can take a panel out of car from the junkyard. i wired a `36 for a guy and used a panel out of a mid 70s Toyota. worked fine on a basic car

also....get the book " how to wire a street rod" .....if you can't do it after reading that there is no hope for you

4. bigjplumbing

bigjplumbing

Rat rod .... Bad choice of words

5. Quick learner. Wil have no problem with your Rebel wire kit.

6. jeffsullivan

jeffsullivan

I sell a nice 12 circuit wiring kit. search wiring kit in parts for sale or pm me

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app