Register now to get rid of these ads!

howdy from texoma...

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by slicknsweetcustoms, Mar 2, 2013.

1. slicknsweetcustoms

slicknsweetcustoms

:cool:howdy from texoma... i have been reading messages on this site for years and figgered i might as well make it official so here i am. i have been into cars my whole life, have 35 years in the refinish industry and have worked in all kinds of shops from collision to restoration and a year ago i got tired of being told what to do so i decided to start telling myself what to do and thats how Slick n Sweet Customs was born.

2. oakhill

oakhill

Welcome to the HAMB from another Texan. As long as you are not an OU fan we will get along just fine. My oldest son was born in Texas but now lives in Oklahoma, OU fan to the max, most of the year I love that boy but one weekend a year I can't stand him.

Lot's of knowledge here and they are glad to help. The old car bug bit me a little late in life and the HAMB has pulled my fat out of the fire more than once. You will like it here.

You know why Texas doesn't slide into the Gulf of Mexico --------- Because Oklahoma Sucks.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  3. Welcome from Washington.

Best of luck with your new biz; nothing beats being your own boss!

4. metalix_421

metalix_421

welcome from Oklahoma

5. Welcome from Kansas City!

6. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Welcome from Rowlett

7. mickeyab

mickeyab
    from Texas

Welcome from Burleson. I lived in Sherman/Denison in the early 70's. Started my first T Bucket there.

8. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Welcome from West Tulsa!

9. rfraze

rfraze

Welcome and Good Luck w/your business from a Texan who has wandered far. Are there still lots of wrecking yards with old stuff around there? Keep your eye out for parts for 33-36 Willys and send a PM if you do. Thanks. I miss the access you have to GOOD catfish. Take care.

10. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from another Okie. I won't wish you good luck on your new venture because luck won't make it work. Hard work and dedication will pull you through, that and having a little fun with your job.

11. slicknsweetcustoms

slicknsweetcustoms

Man I must be getting old, took me awhile to figger out how to post. Thanks for all the welcomes... a little more info about me and mine, our "cruiser" 1960 olds dynamic 88 still sporting all the original equipment has 371 with 97k on the clock runs like a top and gets plenty looks. The paint work was done by myself and my wife, this is a family affair. Hope yall enjoy. 1378092392876.jpg 1378092431465.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

12. chromeazone

chromeazone

Welcome from an ex-Bakersfield rodder living in AZ!
    Sherman, Texas, home of Buck Owens, a Bakersfield icon!
    Was coming down through OK a few years ago after visiting Starbird's museum (Afton,OK, I think) and crossed state line into TX and first thing I saw was "Buck Owens Freeway" leading into Sherman. Very cool!
    Keep rockin' that '60 !

13. roughneck424

roughneck424

Hello and Welcome from Bakersfield

14. Welcome from Stratford - about an hour north of Sherman.

15. Hemishovel

Hemishovel

Welcome from wi good luck

16. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Howdy from Gainesville...formerly from Sherman.

17. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

Let me be the first Kansan to welcome you aboard. Welcome from Garden City.