Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lake Pipes ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 50 chevy matt, Mar 8, 2013.

1. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

Just wondering how many of you have Lake style pipes on your pickups ?

im thinking about putting some on my 50 chevy 3100 all along the edge of the running boards as i already have a side exit exhaust each side, so wouldnt be too much to make them longer and in 2" instead of 3" + they are already

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      421.4 KB
      Views:
  2. before you mess with the exhaust you should try to get it to sit a bit lower

3. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

can you suggest how please ? lol

im not keen on the looks of it how the exhaust comes out the front wings as it is now and kicks up all the fumes into the cab, so if i take them further down the sides it would get rid of it where it should

im also looking at getting them in steel and wrapping them in white exhaust wrap so for one, you wouldnt burn yourself on them and 2 for looks

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Run em up near the front stake pocket, then down along/under the bed rail and with the turn out at the end near the rear stake pocket!

5. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHf_LFzmzU0

seen that already done and not keen myself but thanks for the advice and help Chad

im looking at getting my chevy to look something similar to the one in the video as i love it

the look not the exhaust sorry guys if i wasnt clear in my post

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. chaddilac

chaddilac

They don't look good coming outta the running board, look better coming out near the lower part of the bed close to the pocket.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Definitely stacks with a big spider's web between.

8. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

They wont be coming out of the running board, they will come from the manifold, down out the front wings and along the outside of the boards with a kick out at the end or slash cut

9. How about belly burners? Gonna do it to my truck If I ever start on it lol

10. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

dont like belly burners sorry

going to get a price off a friend this week for the lake pipes as im wrapping them in heat wrap too in white

11. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

If thats the case just make some..you're going to cover the chrome with wrap any how-save some pounds (£'s);)

12. scarylarry

scarylarry

If you already know that is what you want, it really makes no difference what anybody else is doing. Just do it & like it!

13. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

they would be made out of stainless so no shiny bits ;)

they wouldnt cost a lot to have made and not worth me putting in serious hours to do it when he has all the bending gear anyways but i know what your saying

14. slammed

slammed

The exhaust wrap has that mummy look to it. The truck has lots of smooth and curves.

15. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

its not the point of me doing it and liking it, i am doing it and i will like it

i asked if other people have got any pics or done it to theres :confused:

sorry if this thread seems to of gone the wrong way from my original question on my first post about it but i did ask if anyone has them in the first place

thanks for all the comments though as you can see im fairly new to this site as far as posts go so this is a new venture for me as never built an old american classic before, just old vw's and such like

16. 50 chevy matt

50 chevy matt
    from UK

i see your point on that and i am kind of thinking the same now you have mentioned it

17. LeoH

LeoH
    from Reno, NV

I like the look of your truck and since you're not into vertical stacks behind the cab, looking at your rear fenders, I see some sort of fishtail ends coming out of the middle of the rear fenders.
    I have NO clue of how or if you could do that, but I think chromed slit exhaust openings in the back of the rear fenders could be eye catching. fwiw.