Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 ford Victoria -- any build threads on here?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Okatoma cruiser, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

I've got a Victoria in the primer stage and I'm looking for some ideas. Any help is appreciated.

2. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

Here's one outside Big Springs Texas.

Attached Files:

3. One of my favs... bump. Lets see some pics

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I don't have any pictures to share, but 56 Fords are actually pretty customized in stock form. All they need to personalize them is a little clean up of excess trim, a grille change, dropped a few inches, and a wheel and tire change. They look great with either chrome reverse wheels and whitewalls, or flipper hubcaps, like Dodge Lancers or Olds Fiestas, also with whitewalls.

They look equally good with no skirts or cruiser skirts, and IMO are one of the few cars that look ok with long chrome lakes pipes running down the rockers. I also like them with two tone paint jobs, and a nice tuck and roll interior.

Anything you can do to bring out the already beautiful lines of one of these works miracles. For grilles I like either a toothy 54 Chevy type or a tube grille, although there are lots of other grilles that look nice too.

Don

5. A 56 but not a Vicky

6. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

Don't have pics with me at the moment but I'll try to post em tomorrow . It's off the frame now - floors have been fixed - everything has been sandblasted and painted with black epoxy primer. The front crossmember on the frame is rotted out so I'm not sure which way to go with . I got tired of block sanding so I'm gonna work on the frame awhile

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Here is one picture I found on the net. There are some elements that I might change if it were mine, but overall the look is pretty cool, I think. Just to give you some ideas of what can be done to one of these 56's.

Don

[​IMG]

8. porkshop

porkshop
    from Clovis Ca

How much were they asking

9. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Well you have a great car. The '32, '34, 40, and '56 Fords were the very best out of their design dept. You don't have to do anything to yours it's perfect out of the box! (It came factory with a 2" chop.) However, 3x2 intake , just a wee bit of lowering (astro coils?), continental kit, and a Meteor grill would be cool. Those skirts in the previous photo don't belong on such a beautiful car. Cruisers look better IMO.

I'm a little biased as I have a '56 Meteor Rideau Victoria.

10. Okatoma cruiser

Okatoma cruiser
    from Ms

11. mike hohnstein

mike hohnstein
    BANNED
    from wisconsin

Yeah, it's a town sedan, guess I'll kill myself.

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

One of these days, I would like to do a take on my Pop's old '56. The original is long gone.

Attached Files:

• 51a.jpg
      51a.jpg
      File size:
      143.2 KB
      Views:
  13. jwcaddy

jwcaddy
    from golden,co.

Here is one from the Chicago wow show. ImageUploadedByTJJ1363123411.289501.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

14. Dry Lakes Racer

Dry Lakes Racer
    from So Cal

I likum like this...Prejudice becasue it's mine.....Check the avatar cause I don't know how to do pics yet.................JD

15. fireman 55

fireman 55

Im doing a 55 with a 4inc chop from back in the day