Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Alllllll the Longroofs.....Let's see 'em boys

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ♠Stovebolt♠, Oct 3, 2003.

1. Gman0046

Gman0046

I'm really intrigued how good the sixties Mopar wagons look. Who would have thunk it back in the day? It is amazing what wheels, tires and lowering can do. It makes Grandma's car look cool. I have my wagon listed for sale on the HAMB Classifieds but I think I'm going to keep it. I know I'll be sorry if I do sell it. Its way cool and I know I would have trouble duplicating it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Getting rid of the roof tank really helped. Probably improved mileage too.

3. thornster

thornster

LOL
    That was my desert cooler, I just had it capped off at the time.

4. wagonwheel

wagonwheel

new to stable gonna be my beater

Attached Files:

5. slammed

slammed

6. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats! Nice T'all. Make sure you post over on Binder Bulletin / Binder Planet.

7. Shagginwagon64

Shagginwagon64
    from Wichita ks

This is my 64 I've been working on for a little while. Still want to get the rear down a couple inches.

Attached Files:

8. 57countrysedan

57countrysedan
    from NY

My 57 ford. Love it. Drive it. Beat it! ImageUploadedByTJJ1363451115.909092.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363451130.451253.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1363451150.181425.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

9. pride63

pride63

Great looking wagon, what size wheels are they please?

10. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

A few long ones

Attached Files:

11. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

A Slection

Attached Files:

12. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

a mix

Attached Files:

13. Just retrieved my 39 Buick Flexible Hearse from long term storage. Will post pics in a few. Huge shout out to 50Buick in Royston for watching over my stuff, and to my buddy John for dragging my stuff all over hell and back.

14. My friend's '58 Edsel Villager I posted earlier got me into the Wagon thing. I am looking at them in a totally different light now. I dobt we'll ever see cars like these ever again. It's strange to me how a homely/mundane/ugly car can look totally different and or better as a wagon. Normally I am not a fan of the Edsel's appearance, but as a wagon :eek:, and i feel the same about many other cars, so it isn't an "Edsel" thing for me. BTW the Villager is for sale in the classifieds. Recently we ran into a fuel tank issue and are in the process of tracking down a Ford Ranchero/Wagon/Sedan Delivery tank as they appear to be all the same.

15. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I had a couple in the 70s. The 59 Mercury was much worse when I got it than the picture shows. A guy gave it to me to restore, He and his young grandson had rebuilt the engine and brake system but then he used it a couple years for a summer doghouse for his 200 pound Weimaraner. A work buddy begged to buy it from me for his son's first car. I reluctantly sold it. A couple weeks later he was bad mouthing me that I had sold him a piece of junk. The story then came out his son had done some super tuning on the engine by twisting the distributor around, and drove it over a tree trunk punching one of the new tires while driving it off road. :eek::rolleyes: The 63 Chevy was originally use buy a family in the catering business. It seems the Chevy wagon had hauled many wedding cakes. It was a nice wagon.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  16. Shagginwagon64

Shagginwagon64
    from Wichita ks

They r 15x6 wheel vintiques Astros from summit racing, standard offset with 215-70 and 215-75 with bullet caps and lugnuts and port a walls. Thanks for the compliment.

17. pride63

pride63

Thank you for the info

18. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

Just brought my '61 Bel Air home this week. Now for the final assembly including the complete reproduction interior.
    I couldn't find enough pieces to make a full set of side moldings so I made some from stainless. I think they look bitchin'. It has the original 283 2bbl & PG with 76K miles.
    I haven't yet decided on wheels but it came with some gawd awful orange 15" rallys on it.

P.S I made 4 extra sets of moldings if you're interested.

19. Never2old

Never2old
    from so cal

I forgot the pics.

Attached Files:

20. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

Maaaaaaaan, my wagon is OT. I know lots of people have posted pics of their OT wagons and I really would like to since I just got paint on it, but I don't want to be that guy. Slippery slope and all.

It's a '71 Pontiac clamshell. Anyway. I love this thread.

Brandon

21. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Extremly nice. Don't ever post a for sale sign on it around me if you really want to keep it.....:D

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

You can post photos in your personal album, then everyone is happy.

23. Canadian Eh!

Canadian Eh!

Just picked up this little wagon for the family. 1964 pontiac Beaumont Acadian. Already have dogdish and steelies.

Attached Files:

24. I'm beginning to think that all hot rodder's need a station wagon.:D HRP

25. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

26. chevymike

chevymike

Here's a little '64 Chevy II wagon I recently picked up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Times have certainly changed, haven't they?

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Funny, every time I evaluate a car for potential ownership, I do so in light of how easily dog dishes and steelies are acquired.

29. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

It's funny how people think that rodding wagons is a modern thing.

30. whisky runner

whisky runner

i have though so many times of just running this thru the crusher.. but the car is so nice just cant bring myself to do it.. i had one like it when i was first married that my wife wrecked after i put a 400 4 speed in it.. i bought this years ago right after i wrecked my beloved 442..though of making a 442 clone wagon out of it..but then i sold what was left of the 442 so now it just sits out back.. i think i may just try to sell it on the hamb.. before anything happens to me and my daughter calls the scrap man

[​IMG]