Register now to get rid of these ads!

1951-1952 Plymouth Cranbrook

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Francranbrook, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Francranbrook

Francranbrook

I just found a parts car that is a 1952. Does anybody know if the 51 and 52 are the same? I did a quick google search, but couldn't find the answer, so I thought I was ask here and not waste my time.

Thanks.
    John

2. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

you have a 51.
    and you just bought a 52.
    ?

3. LowerthanLife

LowerthanLife

i just checked my chiltons and they designate '1951-52' for those years.

yes.

4. T Fritz

T Fritz

5. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Mechanically pretty much everything the same or interchangeable, body parts and trim may differ. 51/52 share the same model number P-23, So the differences should be minimal. check the engine numbers. Stamped o a pad in the block above the Genny, they should both start with the P23 model number followed by other symbols and numbers.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    SinCityRatFink likes this.
  6. motorcade 1

motorcade 1

the same except hood ornament and licience plate light,width of center chrome strip on hood and color of dash.

7. Francranbrook

Francranbrook

So,

I got some pics of the car. It looks like my 1951 Cranbrook, but doesn't say on the fender what kind it is. The guy doesn't have a title and doesn't know what kind it is either. Here are a couple of pics, if I can get them to load. Anybody know for sure what it is? I need a trunk and some trim and front suspension parts for my 51 Cranbrook.

Thanks.
    John

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Francranbrook

Francranbrook

Here are the pics, try #2.

Attached Files:

9. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Cranbrook was the base model, so there would not be a lot of trim and fancy stuff. Does it have a clock? Factory signal lights, fancy trim on the window garnish, back seat assist straps, a rob cord across the rear of the front seat?

10. BESTEKUSTOMS DENVER

BESTEKUSTOMS DENVER
    from Denver

The 52 has trim running down from the drip rail down in between the rear fenders and trunk making it a two-tone

11. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Practically the same except for minor trim differences. 49 - 50 the same basic body shell but a major face lift.

Be careful, there was the regular line and a compact line comprising a 3 window coupe, fastback sedan and all steel station wagon all 2 doors. These had a shorter wheelbase and different bodies.

12. kevin hardwick

kevin hardwick

I am restoring a 1951 Concord business man coupe, Although I have the coupe, I found all interior parts the grille the entire front clip will fit the cranbrook.

13. kevin hardwick

kevin hardwick

1951 to 1952