Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Doing Falcons Right

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by falconizer_62, Jul 23, 2008.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ahhhh ya nailed me Alfster! That's about where I am right now. I had to drive to an appointment here in town yesterday that was about twenty miles away. By suface streets it took me almost 45 minutes. By freeways it would have been about 20 or so. Overdrive it is....

2. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I will tell you right now that if Mrs. Cheese won't drive her '61 gasser with the auto, it's getting a 4-speed. I already have an extra set of pedals.

3. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

ok so my falcon is having more problems she wont start again it has gas has compression and has spark the timing is set right and still wont start even with popping the clutch and after cranking on it for about 15 seconds the battery cables get pretty hot so now im pretty much stuck and dont know what to do ive had a few people come look at it and they have no clue either so any help would be great

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Have you looked down the carb throat and pumped the accelerator to check if you have fuel? Are you abosolutely sure your timing is where it should be? Have you tried to pull a spark plug wire, hold it to ground and have someone crank it to verify that you have spark? What were you doing when it ran last?

5. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Just picked up this 65 wagon. These falcons are sweet little drivers
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

sweet wagon! Nice trailer in the back as well. I don't think you'll find much surf in the snowy woods though...
    peace

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Cool wagon! Looks like a 3 year newer brother to my '62. I'm still trying to figure out why guys so far from surfable water continue to put surfboards on their cars?

8. MrModelT

MrModelT

Nice looking wagon! You and I are in the same boat as far as color and trim are concerned...

[​IMG]

Interior looks to be Palomino Brown? What engine/trans is it running?

9. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

I'm still trying to figure out why people continue to make such a big deal out of it. It's a theme.

No different than someone who builds a pro-street theme car that never hits the track...... or a retro style altered/gasser car that never gets off the trailer. Just because......

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

j.r. Nice, I am partially kidding about that, and I do like your wagon a bunch. But what people east of the coast don't get is that surfing is damn near a religion, not a theme. I as a Phoenix native spent most every weekend of the eighties driving 400 miles one way to surf all weekend then drive home for school or work. I did this competeively for a lot of those years, too. As soon as the boards were unloaded on Monday morning though, the rack was stowed until Friday after work out of respect for those that really do live the lifestyle. It's kind of as if I displayed religious artifacts in a negative way in front of a church. That's all, and that's why it's a big deal. You can't just "BE" a surfer, it has to be earned.

Sorry man, not aimed at you in particular, it just seems to be a fact some don't know.

11. corvair63

corvair63
    from denver

yep i did all that it ran fine untill we had the first snow storm then after that i couldnt get it started and now its 70 degrees here and still wont start for some reason

12. j.r. Nice

j.r. Nice

No, I get it, I didnt take it personally. Thanks for the compliment, I'll like my wagon much better after it's "done" .....and I have no plans for a board.

I see alot of people pretending when it comes to cars and lifestyles. But that will always be. Even though I am a couple thousand miles away it doesn't stop me from thinkin' about being on a warm beach somewhere. I suppose if I surfed, I might be equally protective of the sport. I'd like to learn, but I think those days are behind me.

Anyway, after I made my post, I went to my reading room, and picked up the Goodguys Gazette, (April '13 with Scottsdale AZ show) - where I left off.....and it was on page 89. Interestingly, there were 3 vehicles that kinda illustrated my point. A blue '57 Chev gasser, a '72 Chev pickup with off-road type suspension/tires and finally a '35 Ply "taxi". I doubt seriously any of them are used in the manner their appearance would suggest. So I guess that's why don't think much about the surf boards. Sure it does seem funny to see one in a land-locked area, but who am I.... I'd have a La-z-boy on top of mine if I could.....(chuckles to self)

I guess I never thought about it (surfing) being regarded like a religion. It makes sense, so thanks for the insight.

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I like the idea of the lazy boy on the roof!!!:D If ya dial back a few pages here you'll my wagon. I haven't looked at Good Guys for the month yet, but someone called and told me there was a small shot of our wagon in there somewhere. It's a lowered '62 with Tru-spokes and fine line whites.

14. Alfster

Alfster

I have been trying to finish off the last couple of jobs on the Coonvert prior to the Beach Hop next week. http://www.beachhop.co.nz/

I always thought that the dash 'needed something'. I had already decided to paint the screen surrounds in a wrinkle black and while I was at the masking stage the decision was made to infill the dash centre with black as well.

After spending a bunch of time masking everything (last thing I wanted was black paint over the upholstery) we ended up with this.

[​IMG]

Made quite a difference.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  15. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Mr model T....
    My wagon has a 200 six with a world class mustang T5 overdrive. The interior is palomino brown. Someone put AMC eagle bucket seats in the front. I am looking for a good bench seat or early mustang buckets. As far as the surf board. It came bolted to the roof rack. It's not my thing I already pitched it. I will be towing my old 62 globetrotter trailer filled with junk to the flea market. I will not be camping. Hope that is OK with everyone.

16. MrModelT

MrModelT

Sounds like a good powertrain combo! Is the 200 stock? I see you have a few rust issues as well....my car has its fair share too. It spent the first decade or so of it's life in a small beach community and it took its toll. After that is was outside storage and neglect. It was my first car at 17, so it got used and abused a little. Nothing bad though, I was not one to mess with such a nice car and took good care of her...first inside storage in 35+ years. All in all it managed to survive exceptionally well intact....no hack jobs on the dash for a radio, gauges....even the upholstery was damn nice!

After 12 years of ownership it is time for a full frame up job, so it is apart right now for stripping and rust repair.

Comet's and Falcon's both use the same bench seat from '60 to '65 (upholstery differs of course) but they should be easy to find. Buckets and a console would look pretty boss too.

Sent from Mr ModelT's DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

17. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

I too have a 200 with a ford-o-matic, though it is still not on the road yet.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

18. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Cross posted from Fordsix:

19. This topic might be better suited for another thread. I suggest starting a new one and posting the link here. Plenty of people will help. That being said, did it freeze?

20. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

Sounds like what I just went through with my '61. When it started snowing it began to run very poorly (bucking under load), and finally quit entirely. A coil swap Friday night finally fixed it.

21. Locoxp

Locoxp

Corvair63, how old is the gas in it? maybe too weak octane.. could it of got water in it? If you are sure you have good spark a SMALL amount of fresh fuel down the carb should make it fire as long as your valve train is working correct

22. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Because "they" all said its too far gone

Burned donor

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next parts and pieces
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  23. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

Next donor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  24. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

and the work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  25. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

That's awsome! Love the old cowl in the kitchen trick! My gorlfriend just left for Hong Kong today for the next couple of months so it dawns on me I could get away with that sort of thing again.

26. falconizer_62

falconizer_62

Dude, that is so sweet! Way to take a big bite and save one. Keep posting the progress. Great work, man.

27. Alfster

Alfster

You are now my new hero. Perhaps you should start a new thread for this build.

28. How many Falcons are you using, and are you "mapping" the puzzle, Lowriders Art Gallery?

29. Lowriders Art Gallery

Lowriders Art Gallery
    from Montana

One burnt one, one four door, and a rolled one. Measure and curse, measure again, weld and cut. Wish I could have seen the rolled one before my friend tried to straighten it with a tractor and come a long. Drove it around the block already.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?