Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Shorting Steering Columns

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tejas34, Mar 11, 2013.

1. tejas34

tejas34

:eek:
    I was reading an article online a few weeks ago. It was where a builder was shorting a stock 50/60's steering column and added a new bearing or bushing at the end, and a borgeson joint. The end of the column had been cut off and a new end was added that appeared to be machined out of aluminum that would hold the bearing/bushing in place and give the end of the column a finished look. The article contained info on the machined part, as to who to get it from, but dummy me failed to write it down. Did anyone read, see or hear about the machined part for the end of the column. Can anyone tell me who the supplier was?
    :eek:

2. Was it on the Hamb or somewhere else? HRP

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

4. tejas34

tejas34

I really don't remember... It was on-line, but I read about 10 to 15 different sites each day.
    Really sucks when you get old!

5. tejas34

tejas34

VooDoo Twin,

Thanks!!

I don't recall the project being a truck project, but the machined parts looked just like the Ecklers Trucks unit. I will contact them to see what diameter columns the unit fits.

6. carkiller

carkiller

When I build/shorten my colums I go to the hardware store and find the bearing I need and tach weld it or pean the tube.

7. 42merc

42merc

I've pitched the mag, but the parts they used came from CPP. Their ads are in most of the rod books.