Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moparchick's Intro

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Neon Girl, Dec 10, 2003.

1. Neon Girl

Neon Girl

my Neon is an ACR model. Competition version. I also have a daily driver one too. Your friend, did he have an atx or mtx? Atx's are quite slow, as my daily driver is one...
    The ACR already had decent mods done to it when I got it. I just added more to it. If only I had slicks now...however, the Neons weakest link is the drivetrain when you start adding slicks on, WHAMMO! If anyone is actually interested in pictures, I have tons of it, including the cage install.It was also in Mopar Now magazine if anyone gets that...
    I live in Minnesota with four-thirteen. We have class together. Today is the big day of our robot show. I will take pictures of Mopar Dave's creation...hehehe

Thanks again for all the props guys...its nice to finally get some love in this joint! lol but seriously, the automotive industry and the cult followings are usually not too receptive to women. I am still just like one of the guys so please dont hold back if ya think you have to! [​IMG]

2. truth

truth
    from Boston, MA

I have a friend "Big Ed" that used to race a neon. Funniest thing ever was seeing this 6'5" 270 pound cat getting in and out of that thing.

oh yeah, welcome to the HAMB. I'm new myself, but it's a good knowledgeable group here.

3. tinyelvis

tinyelvis

I think ACR's are cool

Your truck is righteous

Nice gams by the way

Welcome!

TinyElvis

4. MOPARchick,
    Welcome to the HAMB. Racing on the cheap, nuthin' wrong with that.
    I'd like to see the truck commin' together, of course I'm project oriented. At least someone said that once.
    to answer your question on the chassis paint, I like to use a good epoxy (too part). Its durable as the devil, and if you go gloss easy to keep clean.
    Someone will say DP90 for sure (also a good choice), but I still prefer a gloss for the chassis. just a personal thing I guess.
    welcome again,
    the PnBner [​IMG]

5. Neon Girl

Neon Girl

umm thanks... [​IMG]
    i dont think i want know what gams are... [​IMG]

6. Rocket88

Rocket88

Gams are legs!!!! And Tiny E is right.

Welcome to the HAMB. When I saw your post I wasn't sure what to expect, what a great surprise!
    Scoots, drag racing, and a project. Looks like grampa's truck is in good hands.

7. Neon Girl

Neon Girl

aaah! well thanks [​IMG]
    thats nice of ya guys...
    im shoe horned in this damn dress right now and im
    afraid im gonna blow a button... its cute as all get up but my ribs are too big...holding my breath so i dont pop...
    one time in my life i want a damn corset!! lol
    cinch er up guys!!!!!!!!! [​IMG]
    thank dad for the legs...im 5-6 with a 35 inch inseam! lol

in real life im actually a 500 lb female version of a 56 caddy! lol [​IMG] jk

8. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

Welcome to the board MOPARchick.

neons aren't mitsubishis, and not all of them are lame grocery getters. Take a look at the SRT-4. I Slalomed my old '71 camaro a couple of times and got beat by alot of neons. Truck is looking good. we built one with almost identical parts in the shop I worked at last summer. Came out real nice, with a great stance. went back yesterday to say hi and found out the kid wrecked it. [​IMG]

9. Neon Girl

Neon Girl

yes as a matter of fact there is a nice shiny red srt in the garage too [​IMG]

10. Mel

Mel

Welcome to the HAMB [​IMG]
    Nice to see another gal who shares the passion on here.
    You gonna make it over here for the Christmas party on the 29th? It's looking to be a great time.

Any just for the record, mopars rule!

~Melissa

11. Mopars are for Jerks, thats why I've got an '85 glh omni, a '65 dodge van and a '58 chrysler hemi.
    Welcome to the HAMB!!!

12. Gracie

Gracie

...somebody got a bucket? I think I'm gonna puke...

13. trey

trey

[ QUOTE ]
    ...somebody got a bucket? I think I'm gonna puke...

[/ QUOTE ]

you can use mine, but only when im done with it.

trey

14. Hay Gracie- ya got the ford out there in La las vegas?Hows ya been?

15. Rocket88

Rocket88

Hey Gracie, Don't you have to be hanging out of a ranchero if your gunna puke?
    We could have a repeat of the "sickest" car in Vegas! [​IMG]

16. Gracie

Gracie

Hey all... the 49 is still in Alabamy... I'm heading back there on the 18th, just in time to put the ol wreath (or is it "reef?) around the bullet and have a nice drive up to Volunteer country to hang out with my buds at the Jack Daniels distillery. I WILL NOT puke out of my window, that is not ladylike (and will f.u. the paint!)... but if I do get schnockered enough to spew, alls I have to do is turn left at a speed of at least 25 and my passenger door flies open automatically, giving me ample time to TCB before straightening back out, and having the door swing back into the closed position! [​IMG]

17. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Pretty hot, digs cars, and not fat, kinda unusual for girl who likes cars. big HAMB welcome.
    FED

p.s. update us on how the dress looks.

18. at least you don't have cherry tattooes on your calves and giving us the finger in the mirror. tuck on here had a 4 door neon that we spent a weekend customizing...then he sold it...pretty fun to run around with...and you can't complain about the cost.

19. Was that called the "Tuckster"?

20. <font color="green">FREON </font> ....cuz he got it for free...

21. Jet Fuel

Jet Fuel
    from SoCal, USA

[ QUOTE ]
    Mopars are for Jerks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

-jf

\/ \/ \/

22. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

just one more reason to go back to minnesota, i forgot all about the girls that dont mind greese under their nails, ... , from what ive seen most hamb people who know whats up , don't really care what your wrenchin on as long as your wrenchin......

nice to see a girl with a bunch of irons in the fire ,even if a couple are late model,...welcome aboard!

23. So is your name Moparchick or NeonGirl???

Either way, I dig your Chevy cabover... just ditch the visor... visors are lame.

And as far as running 13's... in a Neon... that's faster than 95% of the cars that ran at the HAMB Drags... so I guess that makes it cool. [​IMG]

Sam

24. Tackett

Tackett

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mopars are for Jerks...

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely.

-jf

\/ \/ \/

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, the link to the wheeltramps in your sig claims to be a CC/MC - how come there's no bike pictures? That's gay.

25. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

First of all welcome to the Hamb. We always need can use a few big breasted, drag racing, canyon carving chicks with grease under their nails!
    Its just that....
    You ride a JAP bike
    You drag race a Import
    The Hamb is not the Darkside...
    Your living on the Darkside...
    and when I Pass your ass on the canyon...
    It will read
    BUELL American Motorcycles
    on the back of my jacket..

4 pages devoted to a ricer.... come on guys?

26. marq

marq

Ah,another fellow(ess) sports motorcyclist welcome ,............Mad Marq

27. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

[ QUOTE ]
    First of all welcome to the Hamb. We always need can use a few big breasted, drag racing, canyon carving chicks with grease under their nails!
    Its just that....
    You ride a JAP bike
    You drag race a Import
    The Hamb is not the Darkside...
    Your living on the Darkside...
    and when I Pass your ass on the canyon...
    It will read
    BUELL American Motorcycles
    on the back of my jacket..

4 pages devoted to a ricer.... come on guys?

[/ QUOTE ] did you miss the 47-55 chev truck? i think its pretty damn cool a chick is into it that much(besides "oh,thats a pretty car"), this will be a great place for her to learn more,maybe get more into trad. stuff

for the record i never had a rice auto but i did have a gsxr, a zx7 ,and a cbr, the only time i ever saw a buell was in my rearview mirror, but they always looked like a tiny little dot [​IMG]

when i think american bikes i think harley and indian,cal bobber style, a buell impresses me as a sad attempt to try and keep up whith the jap bikes, hell her neon will probely kick most buells asses [​IMG]

correct me if im wrong but isnt a buell a european chassis with a harley motor [​IMG], not very trad. [​IMG]

28. marq

marq

No a buell is all American and what a great bike too,the thing is a wheelie monster.Ok so i have a Gsxr 750 srad it's a factory blue print and the fastest one they ever made 178 mph out of a 750.But i also like to take it easy once in a while and the buell out monsters the Ducati monster it's a wonderful sweet handling bike that lifts the front wheel with a twist of pure torque.I hate harleys and indians generally i just dont like the chopper type style but buells well Harley got that one right by letting the blokes get on and make it,bloody fantasic.............Mad Marq

29. gawd I love being called a "ricer" (rolling my eyes)
    what else can you buy for $2000 that runs 13's NA, and gets 30 mpg? anyhow...I figured I would get picked on cuz of it, but hey thats cool. Car looks bone stock from the outside, but it idles like a v8, headlights even flicker cuz of the cams. No loud exhaust, it even looks stock...taken a few mustangs by surprise...

$2000 Import runes 13s!! really would like to see that..
    Idles like a V8? Lmao , really would like to hear that...
    Beatn Mustangs... come on....

But welcome to hamb...

30. atch

atch

I don't know squat about Neons or Buells, but I'm guessin' here that the Neon doesn't go 178.

I also don't know what "gsxr, a zx7 ,and a cbr" are. Do they go 178?