Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration More Of David Smith's Incredible Lettering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ClayMart, Mar 10, 2013.

1. There's been links posted here previously of British signwriter David A. Smith's incredible work. Here is a new video I've found that shows his lettering, glass etching and reverse gilding skills put to use in creating the artwork for John Mayer's Born & Raised album.

Prepare to be dazzled.

http://www.wimp.com/bornartwork/

2. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

3. Weasel

Weasel

Dazzled indeed - simply mad skills....

4. Bishop Welding

Bishop Welding
    from USA

Wow. Absolutely amazing. True craftsmanship, talent and passion.

5. damn, i wish i had a quarter of the talent either of those guys has in their little finger. awesome

6. elricho

elricho

Wow,wow,wow!!!!

7. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

The work of a genus and a Master Craftsman will stand the test of time.

Very inspiring and a true visionary. I have looked at the video over and over and it just draws you into the amount of detail that when into creating such a beautiful work of art.

I also work in vectors and would be interested to know which software David Smith uses.

Once again really truly inspiring work and just thinking about the amount of hours it took to create something like that is mind boggling.

Jimbo

8. maplefrm

maplefrm
    from Central IL

Great talent! Thanks for the link.

9. tmfcracing

tmfcracing
    from Sweden

Wow, totaly amazing . Thanks for the link =)

10. It does bear repeated watching because you'll see something new every time. As stunning as the finished work is, I'm nearly as amazed by his ability to see the project in steps and layers and a series of complex processes.

I'd have trouble just remembering the order of all the steps involved, much less actually putting them all together. :rolleyes:

You might spend some time looking at his website, if you haven't already. He might explain on there about how he does his vector work. If he doesn't it's still a great inspiration. :D

http://davidadriansmith.com/

11. I was amazed. When you see someone that takes an artform to that level of quality it is awe inspiring. Loved the video. Thanks for posting it. Makes me rethink the way I approach some my artwork. I just wanna be better. And get better.