Register now to get rid of these ads!

who's the one of the best fabricators out there these days

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WATKINS BOYZ, Feb 9, 2008.

1. deto

deto

Nick Kellenberger

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. jakdupkustoms

jakdupkustoms

There is no best. Who makes the best car? Ford Chevy Dodge

3. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

In SoCal I've always admired the work of Steve Davis, Terry Hegman and Squeek White . Talented craftsmen and good guys .

4. mojo boogie

mojo boogie

A few of the best in Calif. to name a few ......... Red Tweit , Scott Knight , The late Dave Kent , Steve Moel , Bruce Kimmons ( now in Arizona ) and Collin Kimmons , Steve Hogue

I have had work done over the years By " Red " he is noe 93 yrs old and of late by Steve Hogue .........

www.stevehogueenterprises.com

5. trollst

trollst

I've read all the posts, for me Kent Fuller is the guy, not because he knows his shit, but because he'll share it willingly and has the ability to not make you feel stupid by asking. Jesse James second, talented but difficult.
    The best are some of the guys on this board, I got on here to pick up what I could and share what I could, I think I'm a hacker, but when I get visitors to my little home shop, I get favourable comments, makes one feel good.
    I learned to build my own stuff cause I got the big rip from a "reputable" shop no longer in business, I told them I could have done as badly, started to learn myself, now I fabricate all my stuff, mostly cause I'm cheap and would prefer the challenge of making it.
    I know there's a crapload of us on here, very knowledgeable guys and gals, we learn from "the best", copy their stuff, use their ideas, try to be better ourselves. Pat yourselves on the back, continue to teach others, and try to help those on the board with the questions. In the end, nobody is born with it, its gotta be learned.

6. Bruce Burness in Pasadena California: He learned from, and worked with, the best. Phil Remington, George Boskroff, Quinn Epperly; and brought along Joey Cavalieri, who has done most of the work for Jerry Seinfeld. Bruce does everything from engineering, fabrication to turning wrenches.

7. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

BASS

(I'm sure he was already mentioned, but you know...)

8. scibjenkins

scibjenkins

There are tons of guys you have never and never will hear about... A friend of mine is building a 1937 Ford Woody Wagon, doing all the woodwork from scratch. He's just started spraying clear today. The craftsmanship is unbelievable. But he doesn't seek out fame, and I don't blame him!

9. I have read this whole thread some of my favorties are listed and some are not. Here is my list in no certain order.

ElPalacko
    Don Marks
    John Carter
    Joe Harris
    Cole Foster
    Brain Bass
    Jimmy White
    Ployboy

What all these names have in common is they are really down to earth and are willing to share with anyone and when I have met them they are true car guys and could care less about fame. its about building cool shit that goes fast.

I hope to grow up someday and have a third of their talent.