Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 32 frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by homemadehotrod, Feb 5, 2013.

1. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

after advise from some guys on here, yes i put a 3/8 plate in it. came to the conclusion it would be the easiest solution especially for the guys that want a frame for their "A"'s

2. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

o.k well i finally sold a frame. was contacted by phone (text) saying he wanted a frame. asked for all the info as to where to send the money and where to pick up the frame. fedexed the check out. received it yesterday, called the bank to verify funds and turned out to be a scam. the person got ahold of a companies account info and started forging checks. worthless piece of paper is all i got. oh well. maybee next time

3. 19-c

19-c

welcome to the world of the internet

4. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

yah. still sucks though.

5. daddio211

daddio211

The person is obviously on the HAMB, but not necessarily a member. I believe Ryan would want to know.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

6. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

well i dont know i put an ad in craigs list. just recieved another text. someone else trying to do the same thing. think i may delete from CL if this keeps up.

7. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Don't get discouraged,, OT but a few years back i retired and my son and i went into a Wrought Iron door business, my friends thought i was crazy and i myself began to wonder how smart this was because it was pretty slow, we gave the best customer svc that we could and made our prices slightly lower than the going rate, stressing customer svc, Fast fwd to present,,, we have a good product at a reasonable price with personalized service have a web site but we dont advertise, our business is word of mouth,,We turn work away we have as much as we can handle,, no reason you can"t do the same.

8. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

You should've played along, but tell him you want to meet him in person.... with some hot lead!!!

9. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Postal money orders is the only way to go.... and use 3 day bump rule.

10. 19-c

19-c

and make sure you talk to people in person from Craigslist. and Postal Money order.
    disregard any email you get ot text that starts out "Good evening sir, is your item still for sale?" Dead ringer for a scam. I don't even waste the time to reply. Don't get discouraged everything takes time. It will happen

11. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Get used to it. Over the last 30+ years in the chassis business I've spent a lot of time working with people on a chassis purchase that never came to fruition. They love to visit and get some pictures to look at then you never hear from them again. Just part of doing business!

12. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

yah. i dont think i will let it discourage me in any way. ill just keep plugging away here. my goal is still to take a few to St.Paul to the swap meet this year and reguardless if i sell any on the hamb or any other place im going to the BTT50's with some. i also have a friend from cottonwood that has a couple 26-28 or 29 cant remember which one now, but he is going to take one of the stretched frames and contour it to match what he has. looking forward to that i guess

13. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

ok. i had my wife start a face book page for me.
    had a fire in the shop the other day so the plasma table is down and i didnt get a 33-34 Xmember made so i got bored yesterday and put a tube style X member in my frame . here is the face book link. hope this is allowable on here, and here are some new pics.
    http://www.facebook.com/?sk=app_2309869772

14. Fenders

Fenders

Facebook no good, have to sign up to see.

Don't give up on CL, just require they include their phone no. in response and payment must be by USPS MO.

15. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Checked out Facebook. Lookin good!

16. 19-c

19-c

Homemadehotrod wanted me to post these pics for him of the new crossmember he has fabricated

Attached Files:

17. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

its one of those things, it looks good at the time but after a while it feels and looks a little different. still undecided

18. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Have you given any thought to the front crossmember fitting an after market radiator such as Walker? Also about some kind of brake pedal assembly? In my world your X is a little busy, but looks very strong. IMO

19. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

as far as the front cross member goes, if i ever really get into doing this i am just going to buy a model "A" cross member through speed way. for what they cost its not worth the effort of trying to make them

20. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Looks better than what is under my car,,looks pretty strong

21. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

yah. it aint gona go no where thats for sure. lol

22. the flatlander

the flatlander

Keep your day job....

23. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

which one. i have 2

24. kracker36

kracker36

What if you work at night?

25. homemadehotrod

homemadehotrod

oh yah. never thought of that

26. 19-c

19-c

Thats the best part of all this. It isn't a job for him like it is for you. He doesn't need this to live off of like you do. He's just doing it for fun.

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

29 posts in 9 years and THAT'S all you got? wow

I just read the whole thread. I don't have a '32, probably never will, but '32 style rails for a '27 would be of interest in my future. I like your attitude and willingness to listen to both good and bad advise and take it on the chin. I really hope you do well.

One final thing. When I look at '32 frame prices in the magazines, I always thought they could either be done cheaper or the companies were trying to make a huge profit. I'm glad someones trying to puch holes in the prices that are floating around.

Free enterprise lives!

28. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

good response!!!!

29. "the flatlander has not made any friends yet " :(

30. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Go play with dolls.