Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 Chevrolet Jaguar IFS what Headers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by aldixie, Mar 10, 2013.

1. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Guy's,
    I did a Jag IFS install on my 50 Chevy a couple of years ago. The only problem I had was with exhaust clearance. I had to use chevy pickup manifolds to clear everything.

Car has been stuck in the garage as I had numerous issues with the engine. Well now I have decided to freshen it up and bought a Chevy 383 for it complete running for a good price has done 2000 miles. It is coming out of a 3rd Gen Camaro as the owner is doing an LS1 swap.

Has anyone found any headers that will fit using the Jag IFS. Block huggers exit right on the rack so can't use those. I tried some Camaro ones in the past as well and they will not clear either. Has anyone tried S10 conversion ones?

Thanks,

Alex

2. icsamerica

icsamerica

Sanderson headers makes a set for the Jag conversion to chevy motors. These may apply to your project. I;ve done two chevy conversions on Jags and I used the sanderson headers on one and 63 corvette rams horn manifolds on the other. Both required a custom down pipe to clear the rack shaft and subframe.

3. aldixie

aldixie

Thanks for the info. That's the problem I have had with clearing the rack so I used some truck manifolds that exited to the rear. Just that they look ugly.

4. Weasel

Weasel

Beware of Sanderson Blockhitters - mine were so bad that even when I tried to snug them down there was still 1/4" daylight between the flange and the head and the collector flange was gouging the block. The radius was all wrong and trying to get them to fix it was met with bagfuls of attitude - 'it's not our headers - its your engine' - standard 1965 Chevy 327:rolleyes:. Never again will I buy touch or do anything other than warn people about Sanderson....

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey, I gotta second Weasle's thoughts on this. Back in the nineties I was dealing in Sanderson headers and a couple other companies stuff trying to start a retail end of my business. I sold a good batch of them and had problems with about half I sold... Then mine on the plymouth fell apart after a year.

6. That's sad. They've been around a long time. Outsourcing to China now?

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Naw, this was 15 years ago... Been kinda wonky for a long time.

8. aldixie

aldixie

Hi Richard,
    I was looking at the CC-90 headers they have listed. I might go with Rams horn manifolds if I can get the dimensions from somewhere.

Alex

9. I think Lee has some. send him a message-Unclee.