Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Project 333 [Half Evil] a Mid Engine Roadster DragCar started finally.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Dave kicks ass, (it has to be low, because... you know:) ) this car is so much on the money for pushing yourself to do better. Something we all should be striving for.

I have taken quite a bit of heat in the past for doing things that pushed the envelope of what some here call traditional too.

I know we have a date regarding the cars being built, but as I interpret the there is no date on the style or era of "tradition" being practiced. Take for example Rick Barakat recreating his 32 sedan, far from a 40's-50's build and to my knowledge there is no one berating him for not being traditional enough. In fact Tman and I have argued that we could do a "traditional" 80's Pastel Prostreeter with an anemic 305 sbc!

I digress, carry on Littleman. We are cheering for you.

2. Keep that one to yourself Steve, I NEVER liked the Prostreet crap! But yes, it would be 80s trad.

For the record at that time I was building a Henry J 60s style ;)

3. dreracecar

dreracecar
    from so-cal

It was not meant as a cut on Dave work, I was just trying to figure TRWaters posistion.

4. draider

draider
    from Texas

I agree with Steve on this one. Its threads like this that inspire great road going hot rod builds. All of the "noise" from the lesser threads is a minor inconvinience that must be sifted through to find gems like this thread.

Beautiful work Littleman!

5. n847

n847

So damn bad ass! Keep it up! I love that nose on it!

6. I subscribe to a thread for the craftsmanship,type or style the builder is creating.
    you fellas that are not contributing are distracting. if you can not contribute please refrain from commenting. Like my mom used to say "If you can not say something nice do not say it".

7. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks everyone...all is good...........when you post a build thread....One should look @ it as another tool in their toolbox..........The more eye's that look at the pics , can help the build and help you think and see things you did not see before....I do not alway's see everything and solve the problem the best possible way each time........especially since I have alway's claimed...I have no idea what I am doing...I just do it be it right or wrong.....sometimes I get lucky....my vision is my vision be it traditional or not at times......Littleman

8. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Thats really all car building is, solveing problems, when all the problems are solved,you drive away! VERY NICE work Dave !! Chris

9. Tnomoldw

Tnomoldw

:)I'll say it again.The legend begins.:cool: Bill aka Tnomoldw

10. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

My position is: The design and workmanship is second to none. But... there is nothing traditional in the picture below except the blower, and what appear to be a set of log intakes hanging on the wall. I have seen threads get busted on here for chrome shocks or mag style distributors...or less... because someone with a multi thousand post count didnt like it. I am sure if I posted the build of my sectioned 49 Business Coupe with Dana 60 coil over ladder bar rear connected to the Doug Nash 5 speed inside my Alston tube chassis, it wouldnt last a day. With or without any of my cnc'd parts.:cool: Dont get me wrong, builds like this are in my opinion what hot rodding is about. Thats my position. To the OP, nice work.

[​IMG]

11. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

Traditional i see t5's going in a's and t's every day and nothing said.I see poor welds on frames and guys patting them on the back saying what a good job,"that i wouldn't want on the same street with my car",but there traditional .Sir your workmanship is what i look at and it is by far superior to most of us hacks keep up the good work traditional or not. WOW i think i feel better:D by the way the definition of a Buckeye is "a worthless nut":Dshit what did i just call myself

12. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Will you be running a wheelie bar? Just wondering with all that power, an automatic and big tires. :D I will be needing your SS# for the insurance policy I'm taking out on you. :p Nice workmanship.:cool:

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

TRWATERS, Traditional runs deeper than just using old parts and copying a vintage look by the originators of the past..........If the site owner and or mod would like to kill this thread...that is fine.....but I do not have the time to wrestle over website politics.....If you read my very first post in this thread, 2nd paragraph..I kinda warned the reader that this would not exaxtly be a traditional type build...why...because I want to go fast..To go fast today you need to follow todays rules and regs.......I will not build a car I can only use at a handful of locations and be lucky to run it full out......that is nothing more than a cackle car...I love all of these type cars and builds.....but I am after a little more than that....I think it is easy to build a traditional car...not too much thought needed...the recipe is already spelled out...I like the challenge of this car.......I understand what your saying.....but traditional is defined different for each individual....Most would not agree w/ my idea of what a hotrod is............no reason I should impose it thou.......

lippy, yes I will fab up some wheelie bars..........and need to see if they sell a ''stupid policy''..........he he

Allright, I was able to place the chassis back on the ground tonight, only the 2nd time it has seen the floor....This time the body is mounted......I managed to get her on the ground by myself...My wife and daughter have been out all day...Probably why I ate banana cream pie for breakfast and lunch...he he he...she knows better than to leave me unsupervised !.. The cage flows much better since I changed it.....I really an digging the overall look.....littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Man that things a killer. Keep at it Dave!

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Outstanding build! Zoomies?

16. 2OLD2FAST

2OLD2FAST
    from illinois

Just a comment , by no means meant as criticizm , just an observation, Anyhow , their was a car built that was very similar to this built back in the late "60's by a fellow in palatine, il. I don't know if anyone remembers ?? It was featured in [I think] either car craft or R&C.

dave

17. greaser

greaser

Dean Lowe reports the Speed Sport I was built in 1955. See yesterdays post in Drag cars in motion picture thread. I certainly see a resemblance! Great work Dave!!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  18. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

That car rules like no other !........Just hope I can go faster than it and I hope mine is safer..........Littleman

19. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Perrrfect Stance... You must be anxious to see it outside, step back 30' and have a look.... Pure eye candy.

You have nailed the "Traditional SPIRIT"..... The "spirit" of a traditional hot rod is what it is all about, in my world......

20. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

I like the individual exhaust runners, bet it sounded cool as hell.

21. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I did a quick mock up with the hood and nose.....before I placed the chassis back onto the table tonight....for a look........Littleman

[​IMG]

23. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Putting it on the ground with the front wheels and nose changes the whole look. Freakin awesum. And thanks for keeping this going.

Scotty

24. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have been working all winter for this day......A chance to roll it out to see it in the open....................Littleman

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Dave, That is the ghost copy of the Speed Sport Roadster ! Always love that car. Especially the eight pipes sticking out the rear of the car. Maybe it will sound like a pipe organ . . . . . . .

Dave

26. dieselc

dieselc
    from ohio

Wow that thing is outta control!

27. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

Wow, just wow

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

The car looks great outside Dave,....stay the course my friend.
    Glenn

29. Take one with you in it.....please!

30. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery