Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What seats fit best?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodjim, Mar 8, 2013.

1. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

I am changing from a bench seat to bucket seats in my 40 Chevy. I am also having a custom console built. I am heading to Pick-A-Part tomorrow to look for a pair of seats. I have done all my measuring, but I was hoping maybe someone on here has done this and could steer me towards the seats that will fit the best
    Any suggestions gladly accepted :)

2. DeucePhaeton

DeucePhaeton

What a shame.... My opinion. Sorry.
    When I see buckets stuck into cars like that it's like a wart on a pretty face. Sticks out terribly, but that's why the stock seat go for good money.

3. hotrodjim

hotrodjim

We all have different opinions which is what makes the hobby fun. My 40 has a bench seat with a pull down center arm rest. Since we drive this car long distances we need cup holders and a glove box, plus a center arm rest. Thus bucket seats with a custom console. The console will give me room for the above mentiond items plus the A/C controls and a couple of power ports for the i-Phones. Oh and buttons for the seat heaters.
    My buddy had a couple 2000 Mustang seats that I picked up this afternoon to try. Will know the answer to that tomorrow. Best part....FREE :D:D:D

4. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

yes but this is a traditional hot rod site.so you will get mostly traditional opinions ...the stang buckets will look way out of place . ya those head rest are gonna look great in the back window too !

5. txturbo

txturbo

most head rests are removable...

6. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

really, good thing you came along ...

7. txturbo

txturbo

You would be surprised how many people don't know that.

8. Opinions are like arse holes,,we all have them but 2000 Mustang seats are gonna be too tall,,even without the head rest.

And like said earlier,,this site is traditional,,,I was under the impression a 40 Chevy had a glove compartment,,,and cup holders?:confused: HRP

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  9. Paul B

Paul B

Sixties gm seats

10. wizzard23

wizzard23

Jeez, how'd we drink n drive before cup holders?