Register now to get rid of these ads!

Epoxy primer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cerberus, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Cerberus

Cerberus

Tried to order some epoxy primer at NAPA's Auto Parts today. The manager was convinced it was available in California. I said ,Okay order me a gallon. The price came up $246.00 a gal plus tax. I said order it. When he submitted the order the screen said not available in California. I told him I knew it may be banned here, and if the order went through, the FED EX or UPS investigators would confiscate it, and you'd owe me $246.00. Looks like I got to plan a trip to Reno/Sparks and pick up the lacquer paint, solvents, and epoxy primer. But, then, there is the state inspection station, unless you know about a particular mountain road in. Feel like I'm bootlegging moonshine.:D

2. Since I can't make a comment about the political people who brought you to this point - tell the inspectors that you are an illegal & do not recognize the laws of this state or this country. They will wave you on thru with your primer...

3. HAVE YOU TRIED DIRECT TO METAL PRODUCTS???...NO NEED OF EPOXY....HAVE HAD REAT LUCK WITH U.POL.PRODUCTS...USED DUPONT DTM IN BODYSHOP FOR YEARS...
    ...http://www.u-pol.com/

4. Dave 39

Dave 39

The state inspection station is for agriculural stuff only, fruit and veggie. They don't give a rats ass about anything else. I go thru often. Dave

5. rancid737

rancid737

DuPont dtm is the way to go if can get it.

6. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

As long as you don't get any candy apple or plum crazy.. ;)

Try Chris at Empire Auto Parts in Healdsburg. Old time paint distributor, he has stuff I can't get in the Bay Area. (707) 433-4834

7. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Being from the Bay Area it's assumed there are fruits in the car.:)

Is it not available at all or is it just body shops that can get it? A friend in the industry can't get some for you?

I know they are doing something similar here, i was looking for some epoxy primer myself and found it at KMS Tools but thought "Yikes that's expensive"... guess not if you say $246!

8. Cerberus

Cerberus

Thanks everyone. I also got some pm's as where to get epoxy primer in remote areas of California. The two closest places so far are about 110 miles away.

9. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

Why are you trying to buy paint from an auto parts store ? Are'nt there any stores in the bay area that sell auto body / paint supplies specificly ? I'm in SoCal in one of the most regulated areas in the state , and I can drive to three paint stores in 20 min. They all sell major brand materials .

10. Yeah you can thank the Bay Area air quality controll for that one!!! 2k Marsons primer was one of the best high build primers... Can't get that shit no more either!!!! I have a can on the shelf unopened!!!!