Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage "In the still of the night",... Detroit in the witching hours 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Man,you got me with the second photo and it just kept getting better! HRP

[​IMG]

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Man, H.W. ...this happens to be one of my personal favorite threads of the year...when you share the experience of what it's like to be near all those beautiful cars at night...with nobody else around...not a soul. Yours are the only photos where you see nothing (nobody) but the car. Subdued light. Quiet. Serene. Surreal. The calm before the storm. Thanks for doin' this. So fkn cool. Just wish you'd take about 100 more pics!...slacker...:)

3. seatex

seatex

Beautiful cars to be sure, but that Rivi..............................oh, that Rivi!!!! I gotta know what that color blue is, man!

4. A Boner

A Boner

Killer pic's....thanks!

5. banjeaux bob

banjeaux bob
    from alaska

Thanks for posting the great images! I really don't like fenderless '34 Fords.I DO like that panel painted one,though.Then the three window Merc!

Thanks again!

BanjeauX Bob

6. Great write up and pictures!
    Thanks for sharing your inside view.

7. chevellelovermichael

chevellelovermichael
    from nampa,id

thank you for the great pictures! I can't believe they let in the 47 chevy p.u. that belongs to rob pope. It's the blue one, in the third picture.

8. 66tintop

66tintop
    from Canada

that blue pick up sure looks like a -AT -OD to me, I thought they threw those type of vehicles out to backed up sewers of detroit ? lol

9. rat nasty

rat nasty

lots of the kyians are there or headed that way I'm just gonna stay here and enjoy these killer pics! thnx!!! OH and that panel painted coupe is way too kool!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BillyM

BillyM

Awesome shots....thanks for posting them! One of these years, I need to go....

11. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I dont know why I took my camera, we took the same photos only yours dont have any spectators in them!!!!!! Thanks it is a great show.:cool:

12. toucan

toucan
    from sc

love the mix!customs, hotrods,and pickups! cool!

13. Nice pictures and write up as always.
    That 55 behind the Monza wagon looks like it could be a local racer but can't tell.

[​IMG]

14. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

My first time at the show and its been a great one. I do love this thread also because of how still everything looks captured in time.
    Harms Way that people mover above the Cabo must sound wicked as Hell when your all alone in there. Sounds like a bobsled team howling through the night.....lol.
    Great pics and thanks for sharing!!!

15. richie rebel

richie rebel

that car is from the pgh pa area, i know the owner bob betts i'll fine out what the color is for you,i'll pm you when i fine out............

16. ambsn

ambsn

That thing is insane, holy smokes.

17. street rod lover

street rod lover
    from taylor,mi.

thanks for the pics. live 10 mins from cobo. been going many years. nice day in mich today. rain tomorrow. cobo for sure sunday.

18. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well,... I just got home and sat down in the recliner, so the TV can watch me !..... I've been up for 27 hours straight.... But before I pass out, I just want you all to know, I have a lot more pictures to share, and will be posting them soon.......

A number of these only fall "loosely into the traditional category"..

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

19. Harms Way

Harms Way

20. Harms Way

Harms Way

Last ones tonight before I pass out.......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. olskool34

olskool34

I was there today, better than previous years I think and seeing Gene chop a car is just cool. Your pics are great, that 34 panel painted coupe was one of my favorites but seeing the rolling bones crew there was a big plus for me, I love their cars.

22. Great pics HW....very well done. A big THANK YOU. A setting we don't get to see. Tim

23. seatex

seatex

I really appreciate it...............kinda looks like a Washington Blue, but a little lighter, or was it the lighting? All I know is, it is one beautiful car,,,,,,,,,,:eek:

24. countrytravler

countrytravler

130035101518150216.JPG 130035101518775192.JPG Took 1st place in 1977 at Autorama Cobo hall with a ground up 1963 Chev Impala 409 400 4 speed. First car that I restored.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  25. Harms Way

Harms Way

I clicked on the pictures and they don't get bigger .....:(

26. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I think I will have to spend a weekend up there instead of going up on saturday,it was all I could do to get all the pics I wanted in time to get back on the bus to head home.

27. Harms Way

Harms Way

I'll post some more later on,.... Having trouble downloading the 344 pictures in the camera.... and still too tired to figure it out. I will post a link to all the pictures (over 400) sometime this week,.... if ya'll want to see them .......

28. Harms Way

Harms Way

29. fuel pump

fuel pump
    Member Emeritus
    from Caro,MI

Thanks for all the pictures Dennis. Frank and I were down there on Thursday and had a good time in the basement. The quality of the cars has certainly improved over the years.:)

30. Harms Way

Harms Way