Register now to get rid of these ads!

license plate placement model A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mritech, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mritech

mritech

Working on the tail lights and plate placement tonight. Thoughts? not sure if I should place it low or up between the lights...... I have a cali hanger on the way for the tag. went with 28 lights and 32 truck mounts.

model a.jpg

Last edited: Mar 9, 2013
  2. That's a refreshing change yet still "in theme" .

Now , please paint those bloody coilovers black :p

3. mritech

mritech

Ya know, I truly tried to get them that way........on the bench in the background is a black set of americans but 14 inch eye to eye. but I needed 11 inch eye to eye and QA1 was the only one I could find and they dont offer a black spring that I could find.....

4. Bugger ! :)

Any info on your roof chop ? Has the rear window had less out of it ?

5. manyolcars

manyolcars

The shocks look ok to me (and I am big on tradition)
    Consider putting the plate under the drivers side tail light as God and Henry Ford intended for it to be

6. mritech

mritech

I took 4 1/2 inches all the way around except for the rear window, only 2 1/2 inches came out of it. I was thinking of the plate under the light as it was intended to be but I plan on burning lots of rubber and really didnt want to mess up an original 28 plate coating it with compound or pounding it with rocks denting it...... also, clearance is in tight demand in that area.

7. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Plate at the bottom with light above it is the most sensible and best looking in my opinion.
    Those taillamp mounts look like 32 passenger car to me, oval mount plate, pressed steel stalk up to taillamp "flange". Pickup taillamp mounts are forged steel and have a triangular mount plate that bolts under the bed leaving the srm and taillamp sticking out to the side and room for the plate under the light and edge of bed.
    Like the less-chopped window... should be able to see some thing and not a mailslot.

8. Jim Bouchard

Jim Bouchard

I like the plate where it is in the picture.

9. Can't see anything wrong with it where it is at present. Nice looking car, I love the stance, Hows about some more pics to drool over!!

10. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I like your set up. To me it balances out the car. I mounted mine in the center as well. I really like the stance on yours.

Attached Files:

11. X3 in the middle

12. Me also, any more pics of the car?

13. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

x 4, right were it is.

14. WB69

WB69
    from Kansas

Inset mine in the center. Just like it there better myself. But, put it where you like it the best. Like the car!

Attached Files:

15. Tag looks great right where it is. To put it in the "correct" place would not look right in this case. Symmetry is good.

16. Engine-Ear

Engine-Ear
    Alliance Vendor

I like the plate in the center. If you are in a club, looks like you will have room for a plaque to hang below it.

Will the tires kick up rocks/mud and beat the hell out of the tail lights?

17. Can't go wrong with the placement in the photo. HRP

18. [​IMG]

Here's where I put mine on my '31 sedan. Not to say it's right or wrong. It just worked out well in this instance.

19. mritech

mritech

The lights are new, I can replace them but the tag is original and cant be replaced as far as rock dings go and the number is. I stand corrected on the taillight stands.....was drinkin mountain pops and got a little sideways, I am thinking more clearly this AM....sorry. Anyhow here are a few more pics. I put a c notch in the 32 frame to help me get it that low in the rear however I may need to lift it up an inch or so depending on how much the springs compress with me and the family in it. It may rub the tire. I will see if I can throw in a few construction pics as well. Thanks for the kind words.

Attached Files:

20. mritech

mritech

Another shot of it seeing first sun

Attached Files:

21. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Yeah, in the middle.

22. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

23. Third brake lite inside back window, single brake lite on spare tire neck, 39 chev. turn signals on sides;)

Attached Files: