Register now to get rid of these ads!

What magazines do you read

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Mar 8, 2013.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I read Classic Trucks, and Rod and Custom. My Rod and Custom only has 2 months left, so I am looking for a new one to fill the void. I was not happy with it so no renewal. I was getting Street Rodder, but I would read a article in there, then next month it would be in Classic Trucks. So what magazines do you read that would be H.A.M.B. friendly.

2. I only read the HAMB....no mags for me

3. i look at street rodder,rod and custom , street scene, goodguys gazette, hotrod, car craft and a couple of for/mustang mags im subscrided to all of them but there is very little i actually readf in them

like street rodder i allways read "fix ems" and car craft i usually only read krass and berney

4. One subscription,,"Rodders Journal" HRP

5. rod & custom-the rodders journal and hot rod deluxe

6. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

YBlock Magazine, Rod & Custom. Used to get Street Rodder, good mag. May get it again.

7. chico'72

chico'72
    from Belgium

car kulture deluxe
    rod and kulture
    rolls and pleats

Chico

8. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

Hemmings Motor News, Hemmings Classic Car, Kustoms Illustrated

9. Traditional Rod and Custom
    Hot Rod Deluxe
    Rodders Journal
    Hot Rod

I also get a monthly Mustang mag, Car Craft, and motorcycle mag (only because all of the subscriptions were less than $5 a year...)

10. 73super

73super

Everything from Car Culture Deluxe, Hemmings Classic Car to some of the Classic european car mags.. I love it all.

11. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rod & kulture, rod & custom, good guys.

12. Anderson

Anderson

None. Almost everything in a magazine I see on the internet first, or it will be posted about online after its featured anyway.

At an easy $5 a pop, I usually read through them once and then they become clutter. That's hot rod money.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

13. cracker head

cracker head

14. I use to subscribe to most of the hot rod oriented magazines,,many titles are a memory.

With the advent of the internet and sites like the Hamb I see no need to spend my hard earned money on all the printed materials on the news stand.

It's more than worth it to me to help support the Hamb with my Alliance Membership than to have even bigger stacks of magazines in the back bedroom that I never read. HRP

15. jesse1980

jesse1980

Hemings motor news, vintage Motorsport, smoke signals, muscle car review, garage style magazine, and Hemings muscle machines, all are delivered to my home every month. Antique power too, but that's for antique tractors.

16. 5window

5window

Hemming's, TRJ, Streetrodder, Carcraft,Hotrod-the latter two are only $10 a yr come on!. I get these weird professional discount offers (I'm a vet) so I get Superstreet,Lowrider and some others for free?! There's always something interesting in a car mag-weird application,tech I am not into yet,etc. Our library gives away old mags so I pick up aviation and outdoor mags too for inspiration.

Of course, there are 2 or 3 professional mags, Smithsonian, National Geographic, American Heritage, Central PA,Sports Illustrated and a few more-I like to read.

17. I get a magazine or two that have been comming for years, they always send me a deal that says my subscription is up and I just ignore it. :eek:

I usually read in the crapper so whatever is in there is what gets read. The rest of the time I have the HAMB. The wife says that she is going to get me an I-pad so my bathroom time doesn't get wasted. :D

18. Any of the traditional type mags. like Hot Rod Delux, Rod Kulture, etc. and The Rodders Journal. I keep the Rodders Journals and sell the others for $2.00 to $3.00 a back issue at car parts meets and car shows. Sell every back issue I take for that price:D. That way the current mags only cost me about $3.00 a copy ;). This Sat. 03/09 is the first parts meet in MD (Howard Co Fairgrounds) and I have about 500 back issues ready to sell along with several hundred 1950's and 60's Car Craft, Rod & Custom and Hot Rods.

19. Rodder's Journal
    Rod & Kulture
    Car Kulture Deluxe
    Ol' Skool Rodz

20. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

21. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Street Rodder and R&C---when R&C runs out it will be S/R only.

22. Tin Can

Tin Can

R&C
    Traditional Rod and Kulture
    Kustoms Illustrated

23. Rodders Journal and Kustoms Illustrated are my only subscriptions nowadays. I pick up Hot Rod Deluxe occasionally.

Quit Street Rodder, Rod and Custom a few years back, not much useful content and they always offer new subscribers better rates than they do for renewals. In the sixties, Hot Rod was essential, with Car Craft often bought on the news stand. I liked custom Rodder and Street Rod Builder, but they died years ago.

24. Nobey

Nobey

Hot Rod & Hot Rod Deluxe....

25. I've bought so many mags over the years...it gets kind of silly.

Now I annoy the counter jockeys and flip through all the mags...if there's something new or interesting...done deal. If its the more of the same...they sit on the shelf.

But!!! you can never go wrong with Rodders Journal...always learn something new and interesting

26. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Playboy except for the pages that are stuck together

28. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

With nearly 5,000 magazines sitting around and nothing newer than 1971 I have options.
    Most are late 1940's through 1964.
    I prefer to read real world testing on new cars from say...1955 than rehashed articles from subsequent years.
    The featured hot rods in the magazines are a true example of what Joe Average drove.There are the immaculate high dollar rides for sure but also a number that wouldnt be discussed here due to build style and quality.

29. 61 chevy

61 chevy

how come their never any hot rod mags at doc office ????

30. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I read Auto Art Magazine for inspiration and to read about some very very creative artists and pinstrippers.

Jimbo