Register now to get rid of these ads!

53 chevy air ride- getting front lower

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bcumbie, Mar 7, 2013.

1. bcumbie

bcumbie
    from East Texas

So I "bagged" the front of my 53 over the last couple of days. Utilizing my stock front end except fat man fab uprights and steering arms. I cut out and plated the lower a arm too. Now my question is, when the front is aired out the lower a arm hits the suspension crossmember, do people trim the cross member and plate them back in? I will try to get pics tonight.

2. bcumbie

bcumbie
    from East Texas

3. Lunchboxlbc

Lunchboxlbc

4. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Probably better off modifying the lower control arm ie cut a pie section out and bend it up then fish plate it. Or step up the mount for the upright. Just be carefull with anything you do you'll have to make it pretty strong and it will throw out your wheel alingment

5. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Are you talking about the edge on the crossmember? Mine hits too and im going to grind it and weld it. Should be fine.

6. bcumbie

bcumbie
    from East Texas

I went and trimmed what was hitting last night. I'm going to go back and plate in areas and gusset things too. Thanks for the replies.