Register now to get rid of these ads!

New magazine in the works

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by T McG, Dec 12, 2012.

1. daddio211

daddio211

I'm guessing GG and NSRA pump a lot of advertising dollars into publications, and KKOA hasn't. Those that feed the machine always get preferential treatment.

Regarding the chicks, keep 'em out please. Or at least NOT a major focal point of the publication. I'm looking for cars, Slammed can go buy a stroker mag. :D

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. looking forward to receivig the first issue.
    Pat Rolland

3. Maybe I'm cheap and too used to 1970's subscription rates, but that seems expensive to me. Good luck, though. Maybe I'll pick one up at the stand...will they be at B&N?

4. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Rodding USA is at the printer!
    To those who ordered a sub or single copy, they will ship from our printer on Feb 25. Digital copies from all digital newsstands will be available at the same time.

You still have time to order the Premier Issue, just go to www.RoddingUSA.com

Our plan is to provide a real hot rod magazine and that what we are doing. This is not a lifestyle mag, just a car book so no chicks.

I just shot a chopped '50 Merc about six hours ago and customs will also fit into the mag.

Thanks for your interest and feedback, it is appreciated.
    PM

5. kelzweld

kelzweld

Just looking at your staff list. Is this owned by the same people that currently own NZ Hot Rod Magazine?

6. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Good luck with the magazing Paul!!
    Just purchased my years subscription....(I love the idea of owning a Vol 1 No 1). Cant wait to see the content, and I love the above statements, gives me a warm feeling all over! Hope I am still around to purchase the 50th anniversary issue.:D

7. Will this mag be available here in Australia?............thanks, andyd.

8. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Thank you to those of you that ordered the Premier Issue of Rodding USA, it has shipped from our printer and you will receive it soon. Still time to order, just go to www.RoddingUSA.com

To receive a copy immediately, go to www.Zinio.com The digital edition is available for 5.99

Paul

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  9. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Andydodge,
    We are working with a distributor in Australia and I should have more in by the first of next week.
    Thanks,
    Paul

10. GREASER815

GREASER815

I won't judge it until I pick up a copy and thumb through it. Hopefully good.

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Paul...

Best wishes, and good luck ! Looks like a very promising start with a seasoned crew.

Jonnie www.legends.thewwbc.net

12. Paul, thanks for the reply, look forward to seeing it in Oz......thanks, andyd

13. gemcityrenegade

gemcityrenegade

Now I'm going to be honest here cause I think that's what people want. Visually the cover looks like a cheese street rod mag that I wouldn't generally buy. The graphics are a bit boydish.. Every month I spend big money off the news stand just to name a few. Hot Rod, JP, Car Craft and of course the Rodders Journal among others.. In general I think shinny big money anything is played. Now that's not to say I buy the rat rod rags either but survivors and rust are on fire right now, add a little history with a hit home, average Joe story and you've got big sales. "Do it yourself" is everywhere in mags that sell, almost taking up whole issues.. But that's just my shop full of 20 cars, jeeps and bikes and my 8 bucks worth.

14. daddio211

daddio211

I agree with the big dollar stuff getting too much ink. Show me rods that were built in two car garages by friends. Detail the story of the car as the owner would tell it, not what parts were bought, or what shop did which piece. A tip of the hat to professionals involved is certainly due, but reading the same "build sheet" on every build is tiring. (Tab A into slot B, HOK paint, Lokar shifter, Grant wheel etc. is for Kit Car Mag)

I hope you guys change the typical mag format and make this publication DIFFERENT! Differentiate yourselves and you will succeed.

Sent from my DROID device using the TJJ mobile app

15. OK, I bit and ordered the first issue. I mean it's only 8 bucks so what the hell, I'll give it a chance! After all, if my friend Dangerous Dain is contributing, it can't be all bad!

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

17. crb

crb
    from socal

Has anyone seen their copy? They have a post on their site dated Feb 2 saying copies were in the mail and in another that they were mailing Feb 25, yet 9 days later than that, mine is still MIA. I hope this isn't going to be another Buckaroo-type deal.:confused:

18. jakesbackyard

jakesbackyard
    from ND
    1. Upholstery

Just saw this. Paul made my hot rodding dreams back in '95 by shooting my RPU for an American Rodder feature.

So I searched for the app on my iPad...nothing there...

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Got mine a week ago at So-Cal Phoenix. Not too bad. It tries to blur the line between, say, our little corner of the world and the more glamorous Street Rod world. It does have lots of AZ content which I would expect. I don't know if it will be a mothly "got to get" around my place or not yet.

20. crb

crb
    from socal

Thanks, I least I know it exists. I probably should have specified "in the mail" for those who purchased a copy or subscription on line. I don't want to needlessly complain to them, but on the other hand, if others have received theirs I can presume that mine is lost in the mail.

21. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just ordered 1st issue online--hoping for the best--will wait and see

22. LAROKE

LAROKE

It's now on the Amazon site for the Kindle. It is under apps, not subscriptions. I downloaded the app, then the first edition. I tried to read it too soon and fouled up a couple of pages. Hopefully, they will convert to the same format that Hot Rod and Rod & Custom use for the Kindle. I haven't read enough to review it but there's a lot of great pics on first scan and advertising content is low.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  23. Mine came two days ago. Very nice quality, heavy paper, good photography. I'd put it between Rodders Journal and Street Rodder for both content and quality. I'm happy with it.

24. I bought my copy this week at So Cal AZ nice book nice pictures a great price.

Frenchy

Attached Files:

25. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Looks like i cant get it in Canada. Not interested in paying for an "e-zine" I want a magazine I can hold in my hands. And i want to see one before I subscribe.

26. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Rodding USA is a monthly.
    Just wrapping up Issue #2 (April) which will be available at the end of March.

27. Rodding USA

Rodding USA
    from Tucson, AZ

Just go to our web site www.RoddingUSA.com and click on the "Buy" tab, go to "Buy Print " and you will see it is available for Canadian delivery. We'll ship one out ASAP.
    Thanks for your interest.

28. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Got mine....I am very happy with it. Loved all the photos. The feature articles are great and I really liked how the small photos in other areas were captioned. I appreciate it wasnt riddled with tons of advertisements. Awesome job so far Paul, thanks!

Only complaint has nothing to do with the mag, as my mailman kinda had his way with the package.....guess I may have to build a bigger mail box (the binding took a bit of a hit).

Subject suggestion: Blackie Gejeian and his collection, Tracy Ledford's Atwater, CA based coupe, and oh maybe a lil yellow tribute roadster when its done.....hint hint....LOL :D
    Thanks again!

29. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

A few of the photo's at the top of the home page have been recently published in NZHRM as full articles??
    And as the title says Hot Rodding USA, are you only concentrating on rods from there? Cause there are a huge amount of cars world-wide that are worthy of some ink.

Scotty

30. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I went for the digital edition subscription for only $5.99 and I just started paging through it, and even just part way through I feel like it was worth it for me.

Plus I believe competition is good especially if we have the ear of Paul.