Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber seats,aircraft seats

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motorvator, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Motorvator

Motorvator

Can I get some picture's of bomber,aircraft seats that either you have used or have seen used? Cheers

2. rexrogers

rexrogers

Here is a copy of a b17 seat in an early dragster.
    [​IMG]

Lil'Alb likes this.
  3. Rex,
    is this your car? A mid engine car?

4. toreadorxlt

toreadorxlt
    from Nashua, NH

heres a set I made.

[​IMG]

5. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

In the for sale ads right now...........Not anymore, Motorvator owns it now!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  6. chopd54

chopd54

Take a look at this website, Jamey takes the bomber seat and bead rolling to a whole new level..
    www.handmadeseatco.com

7. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

i hate to derail the topic at hand but i think we need a bunch more pictures of this car so we can all get the full effect.

8. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My Bomber seats for my 26 RPU, built for me by Frank Wallic. :)

Attached Files:

9. I've been trying to find seat pics for planes like a Grumman F3f-2, Goshhawk, etc to get ideas for my late 20's speedster. Will share if/when I find them!

10. We need more than pictures we need details. Maybe we should start another thread just about this car.

11. Skirv

Skirv

12. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Mine are still a work in progress for a couple more weeks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think you will find that most of them were laminated plywood in that particular era.

Doc.

14. rexrogers

rexrogers

It not my t the seat was for the 303 Bell car the Crankshaft Special we did the restoration a good while back, I will find some the old threads or start a new one on it i have put some of the old pics of the build on the computer now.

Bomber seats are great project to make, the ones i have made here have been copies of original . I don't know if i would want to ride cross country in one but still a good looking seat.
    This set of seats was for the 404jr copies of bomber seats. not sure of what aircraft these comer from
    [​IMG]

here is a 303 thread, I think i have some good photos of the car during the restoration i will load them up and start a thread on it, probably one of my favorite restorations we have done a lot of metal shaping
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=384383&highlight=303+crankshaft

15. rexrogers

rexrogers

Chet Herbert's Beast III had a Steel tube framed seat that had an aluminum structure wrapped around it also boomer seat more than likely a jump seat or troop seat.

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. Floorboardinit

Floorboardinit

Here's my '29 roadster with PT-19 trainer seats. I covered em with korean era oil cloth jeep seat material. The back pieces are just for looks cause the padding makes it almost impossible to actually sit in. JohnnyA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. I just mounted these in my 34 coupe. Check out my build thread for more pics.

Attached Files:

19. I had the feeling that this would be the case, but will keep looking- thanks Doc!

20. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

This is a rotten example, but seats from these WWII Dodges should be available among military collectors.[​IMG]

21. Speed~On

Speed~On

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  22. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

mine for a 32 roadster

[​IMG]

23. mika112

mika112

here is my idea of ​​bomber seats for kustom 2CV

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Root Down

Root Down
    from Flint, MI

Mika112: Awesome Job.

My OT vehicle has bomber seats and they are very comfortable. Low back becomes the only down fall on long trips. Maybe because I'm 6'7".

25. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'd have to think that most of the guys who run them are all about how they look and could care less about feeling the road through them or if they had a decent comfort level for long cross country trips. Most of them look cool as hell and some of them are flat beautiful but my back and butt most likely wouldn't make it a hundred miles in one.

26. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Since I got my bombers (made by my buddy, Rick) upholstered (by Chris at Bux Customs) I've driven many hundreds of miles cruises, many hours at a shot, and never once did I ever think they are not very comfortable. I'm very happy with how they look and function to hold my old ass and back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. steelhorse27

steelhorse27

More info on these please!

28. rexrogers

rexrogers

Working on getting a set finished up for a guy here in town, they are a copy of an real wwII seat, but i added few lighten holes to the seat back the guy that i am making them for wanted some more. Kind getting in the mood to make set and just have some fun with them see what i can come up with as far a style goes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. gecko54

gecko54
    from Sumner, WA

By far the best example I've seen, they acually look comfy and very nice craftsmanship.
    Something like this with a true suspension bottom would be the ultimate.

30. docmike

docmike

Beautiful seats. Absolutely beautiful!!! I bet bomber crews would have loved seats this nice.

Doc