Register now to get rid of these ads!

64 c10 build.. finally!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jdeshler, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

After buttoning it up some.. Sorry for the crap pics, work all day, bustin knuckles all night..
    [​IMG]
    If you don't know what a even gap is you shouldn't play with it:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  2. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Cleanin up the grill..
    [​IMG]
    I should call this truck bondo.. This is the most pitiful/rediculous thing iv ever seen.. An this WILL NOT be how she goes back together..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Decided to see if there was bondo under my skin.. Nope.. Don't worry this got a good helping of alcohol and neosporin..
    [​IMG]
    Carried away I guess..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  3. Good grief that's a bunch of bondo.... Yikes!

4. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

When I bought the truck 3 years ago I didn't even know it was possible to do this with bondo.. It's y I jumped on the truck without lookin, then had to buy another 1 for the cab!! It took me 2 hours to clean off the grill.. The damn thing wasn't really even dent or rusted under all this crap.. We have a 'specific' name for this style paint job down here in the south but Ill be respectable on here! Lol

5. n847

n847

If you didn't see bondo in your finger, maybe you should keep grinding someone could have put and extra layer of skin over it! Thats how I found out if my harmonic balancer was torqued all the way down. I went till it pinched my finger then all in the same stroke forced it till it fully jambed my thumb in there turned the crank nearly ripping off my nail! Yep it was tight!

6. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

nearly ripping off my nail! Yep it was tight!...
    My god man!!! I hate that kinda news.. Least u knew it was within a thumbs tolerance:D I was messin around with a f150 I had and got too close to the cooling fan... It took the skin clean off two knuckles.. Haven't done it again in the 10 years since!! I quit diggin on my finger, I was afraid I was gonna find bondo if I kept it up lol.. But what's fun is goin for the grinder switch to see it dosent work, tracking the problem to the cord inside, plugging it in, coming out to the driveway and finding the grinder cross the road running haha..

7. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Gotta make some 1/2" spacers for the sector.. Iv heard the argument over and over on how the frame isnt strong enough to drill and bolt a power setup too.. Maybe with 38" mud tires but with streets, BS!! Iv seen it and will prove it worthy here..
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  8. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Sorry for the delays, I have not been able to get to this ol girl.. Here's me trimming the spacers for the power steering Sector..
    [​IMG]

9. n847

n847

Updates???

10. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Yes n847 I'll take some more pic of how I put the steering sector on later tonight.. Between me tearing down a 16x26' building and re routing the brakes on my 76 f100 I have been neglecting the 64.. I'll get back to it tonight! Thanks

11. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

JD,
    Any updates on the truck??
    Nash

12. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Hey Nash, I had to put her on hold for a little while... Remodeling the trailer isn't going as quickly as I thought!! I apologize for the delay but it will continue soon!! I appreciate the check in bud

13. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Pulled this off a bus in the scrap yard today.. Not bad for 5$!

[​IMG]

14. Buzznut

Buzznut

lol!

15. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Okay, enough being lazy, its time to finish my dam truck! Got both doors, fenders, inner fenders header panel and grill on tonight..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

The bus grill didn't fit.. should a known dangit lol

17. BRAINS!

BRAINS!

nice project, looks like it comin together

18. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Well I didn't take too many pictures because I literally put the whole truck back together today..

Here she is in primer..

[​IMG]

19. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Thanks! I never would have got it back together so fast if I hadn't put every nut and bolt in a labeled baggie!

20. Jdeshler

Jdeshler
    BANNED

Now, lets get this 454 in Ol dessie! I'm still going to use the 283 but in my 51 wrecker

[​IMG]

Just traded a 350 4 bolt main for the 454's front accessories, a th400 and torque converter .. gonna see how the coils handle all the new weight

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  21. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

I have a soft spot for 64's This was mine that I built in 1979. 350/350

[​IMG]