Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rod Magazine 65th Anniversary Party @ Pomona

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Panneton Bros. Racing, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Isn't that special.:rolleyes: Considering the show is all about the former feature cars, they damn well should get to display for free!! This is supposed to be an event to honor former stars of the magazine, not an opportunity for the publishing company to make a proffit.

2. PA-IndianRider

PA-IndianRider

We will be coming to the LA area for the birth of our grand babies..... "twin girls" ..... will be there during Hot Rod Magazine's 65th Anniversary weekend.

Having been to "hot rod heaven" a few times before for the LA Roadster Show..... so being there in March will be another great time. See you there!!!! ???? !!!!

3. CalGasser

CalGasser

Hey Ric, good seeing you and Marc at Mooneyes yesterday! I'll shoot to get my Willys back together for this event. Coupe was in the '92 Swimsuit edition. Vic

4. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

The new magazine beginning about 3 months ago is a definite improvement over the prior issues....I'm glad to see Hot Rod Magazine each month in the mail since all the changes...In my opinion, it is much much better! My friend and I are planning on bringing two prior feature cars from the Nashville area...Looking forward to it and from what we've found out, any prior feature car will park inside and the registration is FREE.

5. Good to see you too Vic. Make sure you get your Willys back together for March!

6. I've been through um-teen changes over the past several decades. What changes they made were never any good and the ones that were only lasted 6-9 months. I finally gave up and cancelled my subscription about 3 weeks ago.

Just can't take anymore "NEW" Rustangs and Camaros.

7. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

I e-mailed Hot Rod a couple of weeks ago and got a quick responce. They said since our gasser was featured in Jan of 1967 they would love to have our car inside , ...............but damn its a long way from Pa.
    My wife says that we should go because we have relitives that we can (mouch off of), stay with that live about 15 min away from the show. From what I have heard through the grape vine was that there was a big transport truck,(maybe reliable) that is going to be hauling a group of well known (Historic) cars West from the East coast to be in the show. Anybody know someone who is going?? As of now we are looking to ship ours out and then we will fly out to the show as I can't get that much time off from work. 5w32 I hope you can make it to the show with your Stude also.

Attached Files:

8. 5w32

5w32

ltownrodder... i am planning to meet you there.i am picking up the new engine for my Stude today. have you posted pics of your restoration in progress?

9. Mike VV

Mike VV
    from SoCal

10. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

5w32...As far as resto photo's...I havent had time to play on the computer because of working on the car in the evenings and a death in the family. Here is a couple of shots from last month before the car was painted. Looking forward to seeing your Stude.

Attached Files:

11. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

randy hows the car coming along? she sure is lookin' good so far !!

12. About 5 weeks and counting! Get your plans made and your car entered, this one should be a barn burner. Cars are welcome to park all around the buildings aka the GNRS show, however, I believe you have to register for that also.

13. Registered last week.

14. We'll be there Fri-Sun, with Kitchens rdstr. We just sorted out the new seat belt arrangement, set the barrel valve and the idle. Now we're set for ElMir and possibly Bonneville, this year. So now that that's done, we can drain the gas a get it ready for the Homecoming. It was in a '56 issue of HotRod. Leitholds, owned it then. Jims owned it since '62. Going on 51 years, now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Nobey

Nobey

I'm registered but not running yet (rebuilding carbs). Sure hope
    I finally get to meet you in person, Dean....

16. I will be there Saturday and Sunday, but sadly the old red RPU won't make it. Steve didn't finish the restoration in time to get it in a container so it would arrive in the US for the show. :(

17. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

They featured a Toyota powered Camaro that turned me away from them forever.

Blue

18. ltownrodder

ltownrodder

redz rods.....We are going to pick up the Stude from the paint shop tomarrow. They did a killer job on the gold leaf lettering.
    All we have to do now is mount the rear slicks and get the grill in and we will be ready for the show. Sorry I won't have a current picture till after we pick it up.

Attached Files:

19. 5w32

5w32

hey Randy, i really hope we can display our cars together, there is a full feature on my 40 Stude in the next(mid march) issue of Hot Rod Deluxe....maybe that qualifies? with a little arm twisting ...lol

Attached Files:

20. Wasn't something I would have built, but the workmanship was as top notch as it comes and with 823Hp AT THE REAR WHEELS it was Bad Ass :eek:

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  21. 5w32

5w32

here the pages from Hot Rod..

Attached Files:

22. the_shoog

the_shoog

Damn, I've got to start paying attention.
    I just learned about the Homecoming Party, and I've got the Apache Sports Roadster from the Feb '53 cover. It's a resto in progress, but I'd show it as is if they're OK with it.

Attached Files:

23. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

I love the coupes from 1938 thru the early 40's that ran in the gas classes.

They had this very bad ass look to them sitting up high in the air.

Seeing the photo of Joe Amato coupe really brings back some great old memories from the good old day's.

Thanks for posting the great shots.

Jimbo

24. paintcan54

paintcan54

Hey, 5w32, you can have my place "Fad T" Dec.2011 Just went back to work after a long winter layoff. Was going to make the trip untill my layoff changed things, I don't think my job would like me taking off for 2 weeks. Wish I could be there, who ever goes post lots of pics.

25. Rich R

Rich R
    from SoCal

You've gotta show the Apache roadster!

26. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

i thought about going ,,,but i started on my henry j...so no extra funds ....

27. Nobey

Nobey

Hot Rod now has 5 cover/feature cars registered from 1948, the first year of publication.

28. My avatar is from Nov. 62 hot rod and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the grille makes it back from chrome shop wed. As the car is 1200 miles from show. New glass was going in today. The show should be awsome.

29. Anyone at the show see a guy 6 foot 6 with a black black NW. HAMB shirt on say hello.

30. My brother and I will be cruis'n the '56 and his Willys over tomorrow with Augie Delgado's '66 Nova, and Larry Fator 46 Sedan Delivery. Bitchen weather for the whole weekend!