Register now to get rid of these ads!

Past Tech Duvall windshield

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19-c, Mar 6, 2013.

1. 19-c

19-c

Has anyone used the Past Tech Duvall windshield that speedway sells? I would love to see pics on a 30-31. Also comments on quality, fitment, etc??
    thanks Hambers!

2. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I have one and it fit great and it's beautifully made.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  3. 19-c

19-c

Looks very nice. Thank you for showing me the pic. Seems wierd that there appears to be a demand for them but every company makes them seems to go out of business or quit producing them or the company changes hands. Maybe there isnt as large of a demand as it seems. You would think there would be more than one company stepping up to the plate to make them. Not sure what Sellers Equipped deal was but now he has quit making them also?? I have thought of making one to the size and shape I prefer, but I really want one in Brass. The only drawback with brass is that a person is not going to chop it or alter it in any way. and at $1700 I dont think I would anyway. haha

4. I have one on my '29 RPU and also on my '36 ford project. Both fit very nice...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

oliver westlund likes this.

5. Oneilfab

Oneilfab

i just got one for my 31 roadster, fit great, and its really nice quality piece

[​IMG]

6. 19-c

19-c

Looks like I just need to pony up with the cash! haha

7. brandon

brandon

I so need one of those for my 28 rpu project... :):):):)

8. 19-c

19-c

JJ got the Duvall right on his 32. It looked like he fabbed out of steel in one of the videos of Outlaw Garage. He said it was 8 pieces on each side. but in the final pics of the car its Brass. Brass plated??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  9. topsterguy32

topsterguy32

Dave York in Vancouver BC bought the buisness from Cam Grant and he supplies Speedway amongst others. I've used his duvals an a couple of cars, including the tub I have now, and they're great - no fit issues and top quality. If someone wants to make his own top frame for one I made the pattern for "Topster" 2 piece cast aluminum headers from one of Dave's windshields and it fits perfect. I don't do the complete frames anymore but I do the headers, for Duvals and regular windshields as well.

Attached Files:

10. 19-c

19-c

nice looking top!

11. 19-c

19-c

has anyone used the SoCal duvall style windshield that is one piece of glass with no bar in the middle?

12. firerod

firerod
    from Colorado

Does anyone know how to contact Dave York at Past Tech?

13. cheesegrater

cheesegrater
    from california

Dont know if he still makes them but Zane Cullen at Coaiti(sp) speed shop in Calif does one wiyhout the center bar I bought his for my fully louvered 32 Hiboy named "The Cheesegrater" An heres a very BIG F.Y.I. if you dont have the middle bar put the frame on cowl LOOSLEY THEN install glass THEN tighten to cowl side to side a little bit at a time.Signed.Mr I broke the first one